Problem with 9600xt under Win XP

I've had this card for about 6 months and everything has been fine until the
last few days. I've been playing need for speed underground and suddenly i
am getting frequent crashes and a message displays on my LCD monitor "out of
range 30khz - 28.1 khz". I this doesn't happen the screen just goes black
or freezes, i am running the 4.6 catalyst drivers. Is this a software or
hardware problem, seems strange its just started.

"Where's Wally" <wheres_wally99[NO SPAM]@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had this card for about 6 months and everything has been fine until
the
> last few days. I've been playing need for speed underground and suddenly
> am getting frequent crashes and a message displays on my LCD monitor "out
of
> range 30khz - 28.1 khz". I this doesn't happen the screen just goes black
> or freezes, i am running the 4.6 catalyst drivers. Is this a software or
> hardware problem, seems strange its just started.

"Where's Wally" <wheres_wally99[NO SPAM]@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had this card for about 6 months and everything has been fine until
the
> last few days. I've been playing need for speed underground and suddenly
> am getting frequent crashes and a message displays on my LCD monitor "out
of
> range 30khz - 28.1 khz". I this doesn't happen the screen just goes black
> or freezes, i am running the 4.6 catalyst drivers. Is this a software or
> hardware problem, seems strange its just started.

Have you overclocked the card at all? or chenged refresh rates for your
monitor? do you have monitor drivers installed? done any changes lately,
drivers? could be any of these, maybe overheating, or motherboard agp is
screwed, check if your card is in properly. or the worst is the card is
screwed. warranty?

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @ 11X200 2.21Ghz > ASUS-A7N8X-E > Kingmax 2X256MB PC2700 Dual
Channel > HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @464/388 > 2x40GB Seagate HD > SB
AudigyES >

"Where's Wally" <wheres_wally99[NO SPAM]@hotmail.com> wrote
> I've had this card for about 6 months and everything has been fine until
the
> last few days. I've been playing need for speed underground and suddenly
> am getting frequent crashes and a message displays on my LCD monitor "out
of
> range 30khz - 28.1 khz". I this doesn't happen the screen just goes black
> or freezes, i am running the 4.6 catalyst drivers. Is this a software or
> hardware problem, seems strange its just started.

Did you check the fan? Sound like your card is overheating.