AIW 7500 hookup from pc to vcr to tv question...

Jez

Ok this is a weird one, I hooked up my pc to tv thru the vcr so i can
tape stuff off the pc onto a vhs tape. The problem i'm having is with
the audio, i know i have to use line in, but on the back of the pc it
only shows colours so i don't really know which one the line in is
supposed to be??? I can hear volume still on the pc and see the video on
the tv, but naturally i want to see/hear both on the tv, how do i do it?
I have it hooked up where i can see one screen showing what i want to
record on the tv while still being able to work with a different screen
on my pc monitor. I just can't figure out this line-in for the audio
problem!! Can anyone please help me out?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:40:24 -0400, Jez <jezheads@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ok this is a weird one, I hooked up my pc to tv thru the vcr so i can
>tape stuff off the pc onto a vhs tape. The problem i'm having is with
>the audio, i know i have to use line in, but on the back of the pc it
>only shows colours so i don't really know which one the line in is
>supposed to be??? I can hear volume still on the pc and see the video on
>the tv, but naturally i want to see/hear both on the tv, how do i do it?
>I have it hooked up where i can see one screen showing what i want to
>record on the tv while still being able to work with a different screen
>on my pc monitor. I just can't figure out this line-in for the audio
>problem!! Can anyone please help me out?

Depends on your soundcard, Jez, but the regular sound out (i.e. the
one you plug the speakers into) is the best one to use, unless there's
a specific line out socket that is separate from the speaker one.

Line _in_ is for sound coming _into_ your PC - get it?

patrickp

Jez

so are you saying that all i have to do is take out the regular cord that
hooks up to the computer speakers and replace it with the one i want to hear
on the tv???

patrickp wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:40:24 -0400, Jez <jezheads@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok this is a weird one, I hooked up my pc to tv thru the vcr so i can
> >tape stuff off the pc onto a vhs tape. The problem i'm having is with
> >the audio, i know i have to use line in, but on the back of the pc it
> >only shows colours so i don't really know which one the line in is
> >supposed to be??? I can hear volume still on the pc and see the video on
> >the tv, but naturally i want to see/hear both on the tv, how do i do it?
> >I have it hooked up where i can see one screen showing what i want to
> >record on the tv while still being able to work with a different screen
> >on my pc monitor. I just can't figure out this line-in for the audio
> >problem!! Can anyone please help me out?
>
> Depends on your soundcard, Jez, but the regular sound out (i.e. the
> one you plug the speakers into) is the best one to use, unless there's
> a specific line out socket that is separate from the speaker one.
>
> Line _in_ is for sound coming _into_ your PC - get it?
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Jez

it's a soundblaster live if that helps at all in knowing which socket is line
in?

patrickp wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:40:24 -0400, Jez <jezheads@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok this is a weird one, I hooked up my pc to tv thru the vcr so i can
> >tape stuff off the pc onto a vhs tape. The problem i'm having is with
> >the audio, i know i have to use line in, but on the back of the pc it
> >only shows colours so i don't really know which one the line in is
> >supposed to be??? I can hear volume still on the pc and see the video on
> >the tv, but naturally i want to see/hear both on the tv, how do i do it?
> >I have it hooked up where i can see one screen showing what i want to
> >record on the tv while still being able to work with a different screen
> >on my pc monitor. I just can't figure out this line-in for the audio
> >problem!! Can anyone please help me out?
>
> Depends on your soundcard, Jez, but the regular sound out (i.e. the
> one you plug the speakers into) is the best one to use, unless there's
> a specific line out socket that is separate from the speaker one.
>
> Line _in_ is for sound coming _into_ your PC - get it?
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Uhh, line in is left alone, what you need to do is attach a stereo cable
with 2 RCA plugs at one end and a mini stereo plug at the other (RadioShack)
into the speaker/line out slot of your sound card.

This is explained in the user's manual, hope this helps you out.

Anthony