roaming user accounts

My company is running win2k server, and wixxpsp2 desktops networked. I can't
seem to figure out how to create roaming profiles. The server wants me to
set up a DNS and we do not have one. Also, we have a username called
Student. I don't want studentsw to be able to change the background,
screensaver etc. How do I configurre this?
1 answer Last reply
More about roaming user accounts

    Tsion wrote:
    > My company is running win2k server, and wixxpsp2 desktops networked.
    > I can't seem to figure out how to create roaming profiles. The
    > server wants me to set up a DNS and we do not have one. Also, we
    > have a username called Student. I don't want studentsw to be able to
    > change the background, screensaver etc. How do I configurre this?

    You need a domain to do this - can't use roaming profiles in a workgroup.
    You will need internal DNS to run Active Directory (but you can set that up
    once you promote your server to a domain controller). Then you need to join
    all your workstations to the domain, and setup user accounts for each user.

    You can then use group policy to control what users can and cannot change on
    their computers.

User Accounts Servers Windows XP