ATI 9800 pro, Powercolor 9800 Pro

My friend bought a Powercolor 9800 Pro card and he claims that the gpu and
memory run exactly the same as the ATI 9800 Pro. I have read posts in the
past and seem to recall that the Powercolors run a bit slower.

Who is right - Him or Me ?

I'll get a case of beer if I'm right !!

Thanks
Ron

"RonK" <imhere@homenow.drunk> wrote in <24FIc.10732$TB3.327882
@news20.bellglobal.com>:

>My friend bought a Powercolor 9800 Pro card and he claims that the gpu and
>memory run exactly the same as the ATI 9800 Pro. I have read posts in the
>past and seem to recall that the Powercolors run a bit slower.
>
>Who is right - Him or Me ?
>
>I'll get a case of beer if I'm right !!
>
>Thanks
>Ron

How about comparing memory and gpu speeds...

They can be found on the ATI website....

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"RonK" <imhere@homenow.drunk> wrote in message
> My friend bought a Powercolor 9800 Pro card and he claims that the gpu and
> memory run exactly the same as the ATI 9800 Pro. I have read posts in the
> past and seem to recall that the Powercolors run a bit slower.
>
> Who is right - Him or Me ?
>
> I'll get a case of beer if I'm right !!

From the Powercolor website: 380 core, 340 memory for both 128 and 256Mb
cards

From the ATI website: 380 core, 340 memory for both 128 and 256Mb cards

You lose

Thanks for the info - No free beer I guess.

"Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in message

> "RonK" <imhere@homenow.drunk> wrote in message
> > My friend bought a Powercolor 9800 Pro card and he claims that the gpu
and
> > memory run exactly the same as the ATI 9800 Pro. I have read posts in
the
> > past and seem to recall that the Powercolors run a bit slower.
> >
> > Who is right - Him or Me ?
> >
> > I'll get a case of beer if I'm right !!
>
> From the Powercolor website: 380 core, 340 memory for both 128 and 256Mb
> cards