HELP Citadel

Mandy

OK here I am stuck. I've found it pretty easy up until now but......
so where am i? well i've killed everyone and I can see the core but i
can't get to it and my gravity gun is having no effect. Am I supposed
to go through the locked barrier? If so how??

I have just ran across the bridges (corridors) killing combines.
infront of me is a monitor talking to me. to my left is a forcefield
barrier and behind to the left is another corridor with a metal barrier
I can't jump with the base of the core infront of me and another
forcefield to the left thank you

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Justin please be patint with me it just wont
let me jump any where. Do I have to put the gravity gun down and if so
how???.... Thank you again from the mad woman desperately trying to
finish this damn game lol

On 7 Jan 2005 04:10:44 -0800, mandystevens@blueyonder.co.uk (Mandy)
wrote:

>OK here I am stuck. I've found it pretty easy up until now but......
>so where am i? well i've killed everyone and I can see the core but i
>can't get to it and my gravity gun is having no effect. Am I supposed
>to go through the locked barrier? If so how??

Not sure exactly where you are - but you dont sound like you are at
the top of the core as there is no "locked barrier" there - you need
to get there.

HTH - if not - bit more detail on where you are and what actions you
have just completed (to help identify where you are).

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

On 7 Jan 2005 06:18:54 -0800, mandystevens@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>I have just ran across the bridges (corridors) killing combines.
>infront of me is a monitor talking to me. to my left is a forcefield
>barrier and behind to the left is another corridor with a metal barrier
>I can't jump with the base of the core infront of me and another
>forcefield to the left thank you

OK - I have just replayed to check - and think I have found where you
are (99.9999% certainlty)

On bit where you say

"metal barrier I can't jump with the base of the core infront of me
and another forcefield to the left"

If this the bit where there is a little drop beyond the barrier and
the forcefield barrier is on lower section immediately on left, then
you can jump the barrier. Dont stand at the barrier - just take a step
back and jump at it.

HTH
Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

fred

There's a well known bug that stops you jumping at this point ' afraid
you'll have to try an earlier savegame, and you should be able to jump ok.

On 7 Jan 2005 08:22:05 -0800, mandystevens@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Justin please be patint with me it just wont
>let me jump any where. Do I have to put the gravity gun down and if so
>how???.... Thank you again from the mad woman desperately trying to
>finish this damn game lol

First - Can you confirm that from my description - you think I have
decribed the correct place - and so we are not talking at crossed
purposes. I took a screenshot of place I think you have problems - can
you confirm

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.thompson/images/citadel.jpg

When you say it wont let you jump anywhere - are you saying your jump
button is not working? or you can jump - but just dont seem to be
able to clear the little barrier? If you cant jump at all - probably
just need to check your key bindings.

If we are talking the same place and your jump button is working (in
general) then I cant imagine why you cant get over the barrier (it and
the small drop are only there to stop you from getting away from the
fun on the other side). Its not a tricky jump that has to be timed to
perfection - I can do it first time every time. You certainly dont
need to drop the grav gun (dont think you can - never tried - too
precious).

Unless anyone else has better idea, only thing I could suggest is go
to an earlier save point and try again.

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not sure where you're at -- you say you're at the core. You allowed
yourself at least one time to get carried in the metal carrier, then you
lost your weapons except for the gravity gun. After you go a long way again
through the citadel with your gravity gun, you end up having to allow
yourself to be carried in a metal carrier once again, and brought up to Dr.
Breen himself, where he's got Judith and Eli and Alyx as prisoner already.
Does that sound right?

Then you and Alyx chase Breen up to the dark energy core control room, and
you head on up the elevator alone to the core itself. There, you have lots
of jumping and so forth till you make it to the top, and I took a snapshot
at the top... Is this what it looks like to you on the link below? If not,
you may be earlier in the game....

http://gov.thebigride.net/core.jpg

"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On 7 Jan 2005 08:22:05 -0800, mandystevens@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
>
>>GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Justin please be patint with me it just wont
>>let me jump any where. Do I have to put the gravity gun down and if so
>>how???.... Thank you again from the mad woman desperately trying to
>>finish this damn game lol
>
> First - Can you confirm that from my description - you think I have
> decribed the correct place - and so we are not talking at crossed
> purposes. I took a screenshot of place I think you have problems - can
> you confirm
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.thompson/images/citadel.jpg
>
> When you say it wont let you jump anywhere - are you saying your jump
> button is not working? or you can jump - but just dont seem to be
> able to clear the little barrier? If you cant jump at all - probably
> just need to check your key bindings.
>
> If we are talking the same place and your jump button is working (in
> general) then I cant imagine why you cant get over the barrier (it and
> the small drop are only there to stop you from getting away from the
> fun on the other side). Its not a tricky jump that has to be timed to
> perfection - I can do it first time every time. You certainly dont
> need to drop the grav gun (dont think you can - never tried - too
> precious).
>
> Unless anyone else has better idea, only thing I could suggest is go
> to an earlier save point and try again.
>

> Yojimbo
> aka Justin Thompson
>
> Very proud owner of:
> 3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
> 4 'I corrected Daemon points'
> 5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
> 6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

I'm not sure about the inability to jump, but could she be at the elevator
(the big round one)? Didn't it have a small barrier around it until the
platform actually got to you?

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:37:44 -0500, "KCB"
<kcbairdREMOVE@THIScomcast.net> wrote:

>I'm not sure about the inability to jump, but could she be at the elevator
>(the big round one)? Didn't it have a small barrier around it until the
>platform actually got to you?

From her original description I think I have the right location -
screenshot will confirm (though I should have had my torch on so the
barrier was clearer!!).

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

On 7 Jan 2005 06:18:54 -0800, mandystevens@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>I have just ran across the bridges (corridors) killing combines.
>infront of me is a monitor talking to me. to my left is a forcefield
>barrier and behind to the left is another corridor with a metal barrier
>I can't jump with the base of the core infront of me and another
>forcefield to the left thank you

Do you know how to disable the forcefields?

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:29:00 +0000, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>Do you know how to disable the forcefields?

If I am right about where she is then this is not relevant - these
cant be turned off (see screen shot - link in previous post).

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:33:38 GMT, Justin Thompson
<Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:29:00 +0000, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:
>

>>Do you know how to disable the forcefields?
>
>If I am right about where she is then this is not relevant - these
>cant be turned off (see screen shot - link in previous post).

P.S. to get this far, if I recall - you must have turned off some
force fields.

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

Thank you all

Yes Justin was right about where I was in the game and yes it was a
glitch in the system loading an older save as suggested by Fred did
work. Well I have finally been able to get back onto the pc (damn kids
playing anything and hubby playing Doom3) and I've done it .
WoooooooooHoooooooo .Now it's time to strart all over again cos easy
level was even too easy for me. Thank you again and have fun guys
Mandy xxx