Cleaning the screen

April 22, 2004 3:46:47 PM

Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
screen on my XDA2?

With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.

What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
the last thing I want to do is damage it.

Cheers in advance everyone.

Paul

More about : cleaning screen

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:46:48 PM

Paul <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
> screen on my XDA2?
>
> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>
> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>
> Cheers in advance everyone.
>
> Paul

try some cleaningliquid as used to clean glasses etc in combination with
a soft cloth (cleaningcloth for glasses for instance). That won't do any
harm to the screen but delivers good result.

If there are scratches on the screen you can try to remove them with a
pasta that is sold to unscratch cell-phone screens: works OK with no
damage or malfunction to te screen too (own experience).

In both cases: don't use too much liquid or pasta at once, it is better
to repeat the treatment a few times.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:58:43 PM

Softspot gave you some good tips I see already. As far as the Pasta goes, I
would use Alfredo sauce <g> Just kidding Softspot !!

On the eyeglass spray, just to be on the safe side, make sure that is states
that it is OK to use on Plastic lenses. Some of the sprays around that are
for glasses are only for glass len's and might contain alcohol. The other
place you can get the cleaner is most photo stores, just don't get the ones
that are on the same tear off sheets, they are often too course and are only
good for glass surfaces.

Also most opticians, eye glasses places have those super soft lenses
cleaning rags, they are almost always blue in color and most places give
them away or sell them for about a dollar.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"SoftSpot" <softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Paul <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
>> screen on my XDA2?
>>
>> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
>> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>>
>> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
>> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>>
>> Cheers in advance everyone.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> try some cleaningliquid as used to clean glasses etc in combination with
> a soft cloth (cleaningcloth for glasses for instance). That won't do any
> harm to the screen but delivers good result.
>
> If there are scratches on the screen you can try to remove them with a
> pasta that is sold to unscratch cell-phone screens: works OK with no
> damage or malfunction to te screen too (own experience).
>
> In both cases: don't use too much liquid or pasta at once, it is better
> to repeat the treatment a few times.
>
> --
> SoftSpot
> softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
> "Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
> (Cornelis Vreeswijk)
>
> (just remove the spamstatement
> and one underscore
> to respond personally,
> but please keep it friendly,
> I'm only human too)

April 22, 2004 4:45:32 PM

In article <Xns94D388A8F8B9Esoftspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
> If there are scratches on the screen you can try to remove them with a
> pasta that is sold to unscratch cell-phone screens: ...

Farfalle, or will spaghetti do? :^)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:45:33 PM

nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1c0b745f29a9f989d63
@News.individual.DE:

> In article <Xns94D388A8F8B9Esoftspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
> softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
>> If there are scratches on the screen you can try to remove them with a
>> pasta that is sold to unscratch cell-phone screens: ...
>
> Farfalle, or will spaghetti do? :^)

I wonder how good your Dutch is..... :-P

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:11:59 PM

How about getting a screen protector then you could just wipe it
with almost any cloth without worrying.

--
Duncan

"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning
the
> screen on my XDA2?
>
> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is
then
> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>
> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the
screen as
> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>
> Cheers in advance everyone.
>
> Paul

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:22:15 PM

Well,

To clean my iPAQ I use the same recommendations that Toshiba has given in
the user manual of my notebook computer:

Clean it using a slightly damp cloth (only water). To clean the display, you
can use glass cleaner by spraying an small amount on a soft, clean cloth and
then wiping the screen gently. I usually use a dry cloth to remove any mark
that could remain after using the glass cleaner.

It is important to never spray any liquid directly on the unit and never use
caustic products, as it could damage your device.

Bye,
Paulo.

"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
> screen on my XDA2?
>
> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>
> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>
> Cheers in advance everyone.
>
> Paul

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:40:40 PM

"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
> screen on my XDA2?
>
> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>
> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>
> Cheers in advance everyone.
>
> Paul

Or clean your ear and face ;o)

I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors- plastic sheets
that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had affected their
view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but most swear by
them.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 6:45:55 PM

In article <Xns94D38CEC1E070softspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
> nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1c0b745f29a9f989d63
> @News.individual.DE:
>
> > In article <Xns94D388A8F8B9Esoftspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
> > softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
> >> If there are scratches on the screen you can try to remove them with a
> >> pasta that is sold to unscratch cell-phone screens: ...
> >
> > Farfalle, or will spaghetti do? :^)
>
> I wonder how good your Dutch is..... :-P

Yeah, I know but it was too good to let pass. :-)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 6:45:56 PM

nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1dcf0ad699eee989d66
@News.individual.DE:

> In article <Xns94D38CEC1E070softspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
> softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
>> nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1c0b745f29a9f989d63
>> @News.individual.DE:
>>
>> > In article <Xns94D388A8F8B9Esoftspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
>> > softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
>> >
>> > Farfalle, or will spaghetti do? :^)
>>
>> I wonder how good your Dutch is..... :-P
>
> Yeah, I know but it was too good to let pass. :-)

As long as we see the humor in such things, and react humorously, it's OK
I guess. Gives us a chance to laugh.

OK, help me out: what's the correct word for that creamy stuff to remove
scratches? Paste? Polishing cream? Please sir? ;-)

Anyway, I wouldn't advice to clean your PDA, whatever the make, with
Italian food. I prefer to eat that stuff.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 8:37:50 PM

In article <Xns94D3A31BE563Bsoftspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
> nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1dcf0ad699eee989d66
> @News.individual.DE:
>
> > In article <Xns94D38CEC1E070softspotbruggehotmai@195.238.3.190>,
> > softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com says...
> >> nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1c0b745f29a9f989d63
> >> @News.individual.DE:

> with a

> >> I wonder how good your Dutch is..... :-P
> >
> > Yeah, I know but it was too good to let pass. :-)
> >

> As long as we see the humor in such things, and react humorously, it's OK
> I guess. Gives us a chance to laugh.

Which, I'm glad you understand, was the spirit in which it was
offered.

> OK, help me out: what's the correct word for that creamy stuff to remove
> scratches? Paste? Polishing cream? Please sir? ;-)

Either of those would be correct - I've also heard that
toothpaste does a good job (on phone screens anyway).

> Anyway, I wouldn't advice to clean your PDA, whatever the make, with
> Italian food. I prefer to eat that stuff.

I did wonder about one of those really spicy Thai soups ... ;-)
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:11:57 AM

nog <sodthis.nospam@gmx.net> wrote in news:MPG.1af1f72b66534c5989d68
@News.individual.DE:

> I did wonder about one of those really spicy Thai soups ... ;-)

To eat it: yes.
To use it for cleaning: I guess it is just a tiny little bit too
agressive... Spicy Thai food is categorized by me in the division "call the
fire brigade before eating". Which means something for I am used to very
spicy food. I guess that before long your screen will be gone completely.

Well, in that case, there won't be any scratches left too.... :-D

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:13:51 AM

"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in news:eF2SYvJKEHA.624
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Softspot gave you some good tips I see already. As far as the Pasta goes,
> would use Alfredo sauce <g> Just kidding Softspot !!

Nice to see that my advice is also valued by the more professional part of
the readers here.

But what is wrong with the ordinary sauce Bolognese?

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:13:52 AM

You always have good answers Softspot !

Well Bolognese might smell a bit funny and a reddish stain on the screen ?
Alfredo would at least blend in better as if you ever left any one there,
you could always claim it was polishing paste or cream which is usually
about the same colour as Alfredo <g>

As far as the spicy Thai soups.... Not sure I would want to clean the
screen, but would be great for completely removing the screen (and probably
the rest of the PDA at the same time) ! Maybe Chinese, not as hot.

Hey are you from Brugge ??? (as in Brugge-Bruges-Belgium ?) I lived in
Düsseldorf - Meerbusch for 5 years on a big project and Brugge was one of my
favorite places. (except the year I was there and it flooded...around 1993 I
think) My hang out was a great little restaurant called "Taverne Curiosa"
that I think was on (don't look at my spelling please !!) Vlaamingstraat
Str. Wonder if its still there ? Also was a neat bed and breakfast around
the corner, but cannot think of the name.
Ah do I miss those days....

--

> "Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in news:eF2SYvJKEHA.624
> @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>
>> Softspot gave you some good tips I see already. As far as the Pasta goes,
>> would use Alfredo sauce <g> Just kidding Softspot !!
>>

> Nice to see that my advice is also valued by the more professional part of
> the readers here.
>
> But what is wrong with the ordinary sauce Bolognese?
>
> --
> SoftSpot
> softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
> "Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
> (Cornelis Vreeswijk)
>
> (just remove the spamstatement
> and one underscore
> to respond personally,
> but please keep it friendly,
> I'm only human too)

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:13:53 AM

"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in message
> As far as the spicy Thai soups.... Not sure I would want to clean the
> screen, but would be great for completely removing the screen (and
probably
> the rest of the PDA at the same time) ! Maybe Chinese, not as hot.

Of course if you use Chinese, you'll just have to clean it again in an
hour....

Rob
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:13:54 AM

Ha...so true Rob....forgot that part.

--

"Rob B." <insertion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 1Tx3kMKEHA.2024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> "Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in message
>> As far as the spicy Thai soups.... Not sure I would want to clean the
>> screen, but would be great for completely removing the screen (and
> probably
>> the rest of the PDA at the same time) ! Maybe Chinese, not as hot.
>
> Of course if you use Chinese, you'll just have to clean it again in an
> hour....
>
> Rob

April 23, 2004 12:36:35 AM

Hey everyone thanks for all the advice. Glass cleaner it is then. will
visit my optician and see about one of those cloths

cheers again guys
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 9:53:25 AM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:40:40 +0100, "AlanS"
<news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:

>"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
>> screen on my XDA2?
>>
>> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
>> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
>>
>> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
>> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
>>
>> Cheers in advance everyone.
>>
>> Paul
>>

>Or clean your ear and face ;o)
>

>I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors- plastic sheets
>that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had affected their
>view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but most swear by
>them.

Hi to all,

I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
protectors.

Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
iPaq 5455 owner and User
Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
Resco File explorer
Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
... and lots more
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 10:02:46 AM

"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in news:uYYqkFMKEHA.2704
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Hey are you from Brugge ??? (as in Brugge-Bruges-Belgium ?) I lived
in
> D?sseldorf - Meerbusch for 5 years on a big project and Brugge was one
of my
> favorite places. (except the year I was there and it flooded...around
1993 I
> think) My hang out was a great little restaurant called "Taverne
Curiosa"
> that I think was on (don't look at my spelling please !!)
Vlaamingstraat
> Str. Wonder if its still there ? Also was a neat bed and breakfast
around
> the corner, but cannot think of the name.
> Ah do I miss those days....

Yes, you guessed right about my residence-city: Bruges, Belgium.
Wonderful city, that's one of the reasons why I moved here 25 years ago.

And yes, the Taverne Curiosa still exists in the Vlamingstraat. (one A is
enough, and one street too). ;-)

If you love Bruges that much (like me): why don't you visit our town
every now and then? Or did you move a bit too far when you left
Dusseldorf?

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:03:21 AM

I think this depends on your protector. I use Cleartouch
(www.boxwave.com) and I'm very happy with it. I don't need to
push harder and writing is so much more smoother. I'd recommend
you give them a try. It's not often I really want to brag about
a product but this is just great.

I'm not on commission either.

--
Duncan

"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:40:40 +0100, "AlanS"
> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for
cleaning the
> >> screen on my XDA2?
> >>
> >> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen
is then
> >> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
> >>
> >> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the
screen as
> >> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
> >>
> >> Cheers in advance everyone.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>

> >Or clean your ear and face ;o)
> >

> >I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors-
plastic sheets
> >that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had
affected their
> >view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but
most swear by
> >them.
>
> Hi to all,
>
> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it.
Closing /
> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
> protectors.
>
> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
> iPaq 5455 owner and User
> Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
> Resco File explorer
> Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
> .. and lots more

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:13:00 PM

Hello all,

I use Belkin screen protectors and they are very good. It doesn't change the
sensitiveness of the screen and do a great job protecting it. Also, it can
get lots of scratches before having to change it. I purchased a pack with 12
or 14 of these protectors right after I purchased my iPAQ (more than 6
months) and I still have lots of them.

Cheers,
Paulo

"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:40:40 +0100, "AlanS"
> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
> >> screen on my XDA2?
> >>
> >> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
> >> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
> >>
> >> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
> >> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
> >>
> >> Cheers in advance everyone.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>

> >Or clean your ear and face ;o)
> >

> >I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors- plastic
sheets
> >that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had affected
their
> >view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but most swear
by
> >them.
>
> Hi to all,
>
> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
> protectors.
>
> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
> iPaq 5455 owner and User
> Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
> Resco File explorer
> Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
> .. and lots more

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 8:23:24 PM

"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:40:40 +0100, "AlanS"
> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hey guys can I ask what is the best thing to use for cleaning the
> >> screen on my XDA2?
> >>
> >> With it being a phone it can be up by my ear and the screen is then
> >> pressed against my face, and transfer is inevitable.
> >>
> >> What is the most efficient and safest product to use on the screen as
> >> the last thing I want to do is damage it.
> >>
> >> Cheers in advance everyone.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>

> >Or clean your ear and face ;o)
> >

> >I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors- plastic
sheets
> >that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had affected
their
> >view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but most swear
by
> >them.
>
> Hi to all,
>
> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
> protectors.
>
> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)

1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the way
that I've seen in the past.

One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about? There
are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 12:58:23 PM

SoftSpot,
Opps on the spelling and adding the second street !
Ah yes, well I moved back home after Düsseldorf to the Seattle area. Only
been on three Europe trips since (Oslo-Relatives, Stockholm-Company HQ and
Kiev, Ukraine) and all were short trips. Then a very nasty car wreak stopped
everything for me for over 2 years.

However Brugge is at the top of my list, by far my favorite City in Europe
(Prague is #2 and Kiev #3) so next trip which I think will be later this
summer, I am planning on staying in Brugge for about a week and then a few
days on Texal Island.

I can well understand you moving to Brugge, it was like a "magic city" to
me, neat people and probably took several hundred photographs of the place,
most of those "photos" still reside in my brain also.

--

> "Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in news:uYYqkFMKEHA.2704
> @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
>
>> Hey are you from Brugge ??? (as in Brugge-Bruges-Belgium ?) I lived
> in
>> D?sseldorf - Meerbusch for 5 years on a big project and Brugge was one
> of my
>> favorite places. (except the year I was there and it flooded...around
> 1993 I
>> think) My hang out was a great little restaurant called "Taverne
> Curiosa"
>> that I think was on (don't look at my spelling please !!)
> Vlaamingstraat
>> Str. Wonder if its still there ? Also was a neat bed and breakfast
> around
>> the corner, but cannot think of the name.
>> Ah do I miss those days....
>>

> Yes, you guessed right about my residence-city: Bruges, Belgium.
> Wonderful city, that's one of the reasons why I moved here 25 years ago.
>
> And yes, the Taverne Curiosa still exists in the Vlamingstraat. (one A is
> enough, and one street too). ;-)
>
> If you love Bruges that much (like me): why don't you visit our town
> every now and then? Or did you move a bit too far when you left
> Dusseldorf?
>
> --
> SoftSpot
> softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
> "Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
> (Cornelis Vreeswijk)
>
> (just remove the spamstatement
> and one underscore
> to respond personally,
> but please keep it friendly,
> I'm only human too)

Anonymous
April 25, 2004 9:31:57 AM

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:23:24 +0100, "AlanS"
<news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:

>"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:40:40 +0100, "AlanS"
>> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> >"Paul" <ispartacus75@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> >Or clean your ear and face ;o)
>> >

>> >I've seen people who are very happy with screen protectors- plastic
>sheets
>> >that adhere to the screens. A few that tried them said it had affected
>their
>> >view of the screen a little, or affected the touch screen but most swear
>by
>> >them.
>>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
>> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
>> protectors.
>>
>> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
>

>1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the way
>that I've seen in the past.
>
>One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
>considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about? There
>are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.

Alan,

Yes you could be right. Maybe I should walk around and try out some
other brands.

Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
iPaq 5455 owner and User
Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
Resco File explorer
Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
... and lots more
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 6:59:41 PM

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:23:24 +0100, "AlanS"
> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >sheets
> >their
> >by
> >>
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
> >> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
> >> protectors.
> >>
> >> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> >

> >1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the way
> >that I've seen in the past.
> >
> >One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
> >considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about?
There
> >are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.
>
> Alan,
>
> Yes you could be right. Maybe I should walk around and try out some
> other brands.
>
> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)

You still haven't posted the make you've tried. You may get opinions from
others that have used them, and potentially warn other users from going
through the same thing.......
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 8:22:14 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:59:41 +0100, "AlanS"
<news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:

>"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:23:24 +0100, "AlanS"
>> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> >"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>as

>> >sheets
>> >their
>swear
>> >by

>> >1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the way
>> >that I've seen in the past.
>> >
>> >One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
>> >considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about?
>There
>> >are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.
>>
>> Alan,
>>
>> Yes you could be right. Maybe I should walk around and try out some
>> other brands.
>>
>> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
>> 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
>>

>You still haven't posted the make you've tried. You may get opinions from
>others that have used them, and potentially warn other users from going
>through the same thing.......

Alan,

Sorry, forgot all about it .. It's a unknown cheap brand sold over the
counter in Germany, the first I came acrossed since I was not going to
damage the surface.

Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
iPaq 5455 owner and User
Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
Resco File explorer
Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
... and lots more
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:50:57 AM

How bad will the screen get without the use of screen protectors? I've been
using my new Mio for a week, and already I see fine scratches when the light
hits the screen just right.
--
Bob D.

"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:23:24 +0100, "AlanS"
> <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >sheets
> >their
> >by
> >>
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> I use the protectors and I am definitely not happy with it. Closing /
> >> opening programs I need to push a lot harder than without the
> >> protectors.
> >>
> >> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> >

> >1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the way
> >that I've seen in the past.
> >
> >One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
> >considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about?
There
> >are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.
>
> Alan,
>
> Yes you could be right. Maybe I should walk around and try out some
> other brands.
>
> Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
> iPaq 5455 owner and User
> Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
> Resco File explorer
> Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
> .. and lots more

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 5:11:27 PM

No-one can say can they, or they'd be using their powers to see the future
in getting winning lottery numbers. There is some dependence on your use and
handling which no-one but you knows.

What is certain is that the screen won't get better, at best it will stay
the same. You should, perhaps, consider trying them?

"Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> How bad will the screen get without the use of screen protectors? I've
been
> using my new Mio for a week, and already I see fine scratches when the
light
> hits the screen just right.
> --
> Bob D.
>
> "Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:23:24 +0100, "AlanS"
> > <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > >"Fanatic GPS User" <gps_user@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> as

> > >sheets
> > >their
> swear
> > >by

> > >1 against and 2 for them- not scientific, bur seems to be heading the
way
> > >that I've seen in the past.
> > >
> > >One thing you've missed out that is probably very important for others
> > >considering them- what make of screen protector are you unhappy about?
> There
> > >are a number of makes, it could just be the make you found.
> >
> > Alan,
> >
> > Yes you could be right. Maybe I should walk around and try out some
> > other brands.
> >
> > Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
> > 51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
> > iPaq 5455 owner and User
> > Compaq PCMCIA Double Expansion Sleeve
> > Resco File explorer
> > Tom Tom Europe & GPSAssist
> > .. and lots more

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 6:56:00 PM

"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in news:u6wd9ThKEHA.1392
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> SoftSpot,
> Opps on the spelling and adding the second street !
> Ah yes, well I moved back home after Düsseldorf to the Seattle area.
Only
> been on three Europe trips since (Oslo-Relatives, Stockholm-Company HQ
and
> Kiev, Ukraine) and all were short trips. Then a very nasty car wreak
stopped
> everything for me for over 2 years.
>
> However Brugge is at the top of my list, by far my favorite City in
Europe
> (Prague is #2 and Kiev #3) so next trip which I think will be later
this
> summer, I am planning on staying in Brugge for about a week and then a
few
> days on Texal Island.
>
> I can well understand you moving to Brugge, it was like a "magic city"
> me, neat people and probably took several hundred photographs of the
place,
> most of those "photos" still reside in my brain also.

:-D
Sorry 'bout the car-wreck though....

Whenever you do come here, consider giving me notice a bit before, maybe
we can meet or at least I can give you some updates on what is new or
"need to know" etc.... Direct e-mail might come in handy in that case.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect"
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 6:56:01 PM

Thanks SoftSpot, I will for sure let you know when I am coming over. And..if
you need anything here in the "land of lower cost PC,PDA goodies" let me
know <g>

--

!