XP Security Center does not recognize antivirus status

In installed XP service pack 2 and configured the security center. However
it does not recognize my antivirus software.
I have Norton installed and have it schedule to run regularly. I also keep
it updated.

How do I get the Windows security Center to acknowledge the status of the
application.

The error reads "Virus Protection ... Check Status"
"Symantic Antivirus reports that it is installed, but it's status is unknown."

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about security center recognize antivirus status

    What version?
    You need 2002 or later:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004070812184213?OpenDocument&tpre=&csm=no&src=con_web_nam
    Do you have all the latest updates installed?

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "HAZZ44" <HAZZ44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In installed XP service pack 2 and configured the security center.
    > However
    > it does not recognize my antivirus software.
    > I have Norton installed and have it schedule to run regularly. I also keep
    > it updated.
    >
    > How do I get the Windows security Center to acknowledge the status of the
    > application.
    >
    > The error reads "Virus Protection ... Check Status"
    > "Symantic Antivirus reports that it is installed, but it's status is
    > unknown."
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Symantec/Norton may have new updates for you to install specifically for
    windows XP SP2.

    I ran into this problem using Symantec Client Security 2.0, symantec sent a
    letter with a new license code for the SP2 compatible software. After
    installing it, it disabled the windows firewall since symantecs firewall was
    running and the security center now recognized my AV products.

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > What version?
    > You need 2002 or later:
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004070812184213?OpenDocument&tpre=&csm=no&src=con_web_nam
    > Do you have all the latest updates installed?
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "HAZZ44" <HAZZ44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > In installed XP service pack 2 and configured the security center.
    > > However
    > > it does not recognize my antivirus software.
    > > I have Norton installed and have it schedule to run regularly. I also keep
    > > it updated.
    > >
    > > How do I get the Windows security Center to acknowledge the status of the
    > > application.
    > >
    > > The error reads "Virus Protection ... Check Status"
    > > "Symantic Antivirus reports that it is installed, but it's status is
    > > unknown."
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

Security Antivirus Windows XP