other users unable to sign on to secure sites

My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I can,we've
been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed on my other
daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed perhaps due to the
Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
--
ake
3 answers Last reply

    It sounds like she simply forgot her password at the banking site.

    Has she tried logging in from another machine?

    "angebb462" wrote:

    > My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I can,we've
    > been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed on my other
    > daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed perhaps due to the
    > Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
    > --
    > ake

    If only it were that simple.I've also added my husband on to this computer as
    an administrator and he cannot log on to msn and he has a password.I cannot
    log on to my bank site from my daughters account.I'm very lost.Any help?Is
    there some security method I need to change?

    angebb462 wrote:

    > If only it were that simple.I've also added my husband on to this
    > computer as an administrator and he cannot log on to msn and he has a
    > password.I cannot log on to my bank site from my daughters account.I'm
    > very lost.Any help?Is there some security method I need to change?
    >
    > "Phil Agcaoili" wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like she simply forgot her password at the banking site.
    >>
    >> Has she tried logging in from another machine?
    >>
    >> "angebb462" wrote:
    >>
    >> > My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I
    >> > can,we've been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed
    >> > on my other daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed
    >> > perhaps due to the Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
    >> > --
    >> > ake

    Try re-registering the following .dll's at the command prompt (cmd):

    If you have SP2, you can do it all in one go:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    iexplore.exe /rereg [enter]

    Otherwise, re-register the .dlls separately, as follows:

    regsvr32 mshtml.dll [enter]

    Click OK when you get the message that DLLRegisterServer in FileName
    succeeded and type "exit" to quit cmd.

    Repeat the same with:

    regsvr32 mshtmled.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

    More information about this:

    Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700

    Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

    Sandi's Secure Sites Page
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites

    Malke