other users unable to sign on to secure sites

a b 8 Security
February 9, 2005 10:53:05 AM

My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I can,we've
been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed on my other
daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed perhaps due to the
Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
--
ake
Anonymous

It sounds like she simply forgot her password at the banking site.

Has she tried logging in from another machine?

"angebb462" wrote:

> My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I can,we've
> been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed on my other
> daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed perhaps due to the
> Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
> --
> ake
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 6:17:04 PM

If only it were that simple.I've also added my husband on to this computer as
an administrator and he cannot log on to msn and he has a password.I cannot
log on to my bank site from my daughters account.I'm very lost.Any help?Is
there some security method I need to change?

"Phil Agcaoili" wrote:

> It sounds like she simply forgot her password at the banking site.
>
> Has she tried logging in from another machine?
>
> "angebb462" wrote:
>
> > My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I can,we've
> > been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed on my other
> > daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed perhaps due to the
> > Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
> > --
> > ake
February 21, 2005 8:05:30 PM

angebb462 wrote:

> If only it were that simple.I've also added my husband on to this
> computer as an administrator and he cannot log on to msn and he has a
> password.I cannot log on to my bank site from my daughters account.I'm
> very lost.Any help?Is there some security method I need to change?
>
> "Phil Agcaoili" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like she simply forgot her password at the banking site.
>>
>> Has she tried logging in from another machine?
>>
>> "angebb462" wrote:
>>
>> > My daughter cannot sign on to her bank site,my other daughter and I
>> > can,we've been users of the computer for quiet sometime,just signed
>> > on my other daughter as an addmistrator also.Has something changed
>> > perhaps due to the Noton firewall?or maybe the new ubdates?
>> > --
>> > ake

Try re-registering the following .dll's at the command prompt (cmd):

If you have SP2, you can do it all in one go:

Start>Run cmd [enter]
iexplore.exe /rereg [enter]

Otherwise, re-register the .dlls separately, as follows:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll [enter]

Click OK when you get the message that DLLRegisterServer in FileName
succeeded and type "exit" to quit cmd.

Repeat the same with:

regsvr32 mshtmled.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

More information about this:

Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700

Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

Sandi's Secure Sites Page
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites

Malke