Another malfunctioning ATI software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 15, 2004 11:38:51 AM

I used an ati pci tuner card a few years back for a long time and was very
pleased with it. Now I live off a notebook in school and bought the usb tv
tuner to watch TV on the notebook (a dell - 8months old) for the extreme
boredoms.

Everything installed alright, drivers, software, no problems. The problem is
the ati tv tuner software. If I load the tv program I get the error:

The TV player failed to initialize the video. Ensure the correct video
drivers have been installed and close any applications which may be playing
video such as DVD or WebTV before attempting to restart TV.

I searched literally hundreds of google and google group pages with no luck
to fix the software. Total uninstall, removed *all* remains of ati files,
reinstalled directx, video drivers, used the cd software and latest from the
ati website, none work. No other video capturing or remote sharing programs
being used.

I know it is the software because I loaded virtualdub and within vdub I
could see the video of a channel. So I know the tuner works and it sends the
video to my notebook, but the ati software is bunk. How can I fix the ati
software? Any help would be greatly appreciated, else next week this thing
is going back and I will swear off ATI for the rest of my computing days.

thanks to all
brian
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 2:27:10 PM

"Brian" <no@spam.com> wrote in
<fwqJc.75622$iJ4.24491@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:

>I used an ati pci tuner card a few years back for a long time and was
>very pleased with it. Now I live off a notebook in school and bought the
>usb tv tuner to watch TV on the notebook (a dell - 8months old) for the
>extreme boredoms.
>
>Everything installed alright, drivers, software, no problems. The
>problem is the ati tv tuner software. If I load the tv program I get the
>error:
>
>The TV player failed to initialize the video. Ensure the correct video
>drivers have been installed and close any applications which may be
>playing video such as DVD or WebTV before attempting to restart TV.
>
>I searched literally hundreds of google and google group pages with no
>luck to fix the software. Total uninstall, removed *all* remains of ati
>files, reinstalled directx, video drivers, used the cd software and
>latest from the ati website, none work. No other video capturing or
>remote sharing programs being used.
>
>I know it is the software because I loaded virtualdub and within vdub I
>could see the video of a channel. So I know the tuner works and it sends
>the video to my notebook, but the ati software is bunk. How can I fix
>the ati software? Any help would be greatly appreciated, else next week
>this thing is going back and I will swear off ATI for the rest of my
>computing days.
>
>thanks to all
>brian

I guess you speak about MMC ...well MMC version 9 is already out..have you
updated it?
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 5:02:44 PM

Hi,

>I guess you speak about MMC ...well MMC version 9 is already out..have you
>updated it?

if you go to the ATI page you'll find that you have to use a special
version of MMC 7.4 with the TV-wonder USB.

Klaus

--
1. if you want emails to reach me and not spamgourmet please replace
the local part of my adress ("Dev-Null") by something else.

Try running the .exe in Win98 compatibility mode.

johns
!