Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
Just started playing Silent Hill 3 it runs perfectly but there is an anoying problem with the sound when i come near monster a loud bass static sound will fill the speakers(and no its not the radio) and i am unable to really hear anything else. And during cutscenes the static sound appears again and makes the voices and sound effects go out of since.
This problems is mentioned in the read me but ive tried lowering the resolutions but this isnt working. Can anyone help me?

''He was holding a bat i was tied to a chair, pissing off was the smart thing to do''
-Max Payne

Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
P3 1GHZ
256MB RAM
Geforce FX 5200
C-Media PCI Sound Card

Ive not encountered any sound problems with other games.

''He was holding a bat i was tied to a chair, pissing off was the smart thing to do''
-Max Payne

Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
Ok i found someone with the same problem and he has the same sound card as mine. Is it something in my sound card the game doesnt like.

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
Sometimes hardware conflicts occur between video and sound cards. You could try getting a new sound card, but I couldn't guarantee anything.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
try updating drivers for soundcard

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

ME is the greatest game of all time...

j/k no i suggst getting like win2k from someone it is excellent with most games.

if you pm me ill tell ya where a copy is on the web.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
win ME sux... really really badly... when something goes wrong when using ME there doesnt have to be a reason except its ME. I have no other advice except to get rid of your operating system

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"