ANN: PocketDOS Windows 3.x Mouse Driver available

April 22, 2004 10:08:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.ce,microsoft.public.windowsce,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Dear PocketDOS users,

It is now possible to use the pointing device under Windows 3.x
running on PocketDOS using the PocketDOS Windows 3.x Mouse Driver.

The mouse driver is compatible with Windows 3.x and requires any
version of PocketDOS (with the PocketDOS DOS mouse driver installed
and active).

The PocketDOS Windows 3.x Mouse Driver will be included in future
releases of PocketDOS, but until that time, can be downloaded from:
http://www.pocketdos.com/download.htm#Other

Q: What is PocketDOS?
A: PocketDOS is an MS-DOS 6.22 compatible DOS for your Microsoft
Windows CE, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile based Pocket Computer. In
addition to a full DOS, PocketDOS lets you install and run many DOS
programs* on your Pocket Computer. PocketDOS also lets you access
devices such as touchscreens, built-in and external modems, IR ports,
flash disks, network drives, printers and more from within DOS and DOS
programs.
(* Intel 8086/80186 compatible using CGA, MCGA, HP-LX or text display
modes)

Thank you for your interest.
---
PocketDOS - Adds DOS compatibility to your Pocket Computer.
http://www.pocketdos.com
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 6:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.ce,microsoft.public.windowsce,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Hi

I had the evaluation of pocket dos installed on my IPAQ2210. I have tried
to install windows 3.1 but was unsuccessful as this version was written for
the 386 processor. I later found that a windows 1.0 existed and tried to run
this version but still does not, when trying to reboot after successful
install. I believe it was designed for the 186 processor. Are there any
emulation programs that will enable me to run and use to an extent, programs
that were written for use in a post windows 95 environment on my IPAQ 2210?

Thanks

Naveed

--
Mr Naveed Qayyum