Intel, Samsung Develop New Mobile OS Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
yea they dont want WebOS but this is very interesting, no offence but Samsung will have a much better chance on this one than nokia, their hardware design is amazing compared to all other phones, like the galaxy s2 its the thinnest and lightest yet has the most powerful hardware, plus their exclusive super AMOLED screen which just looks much better than other lcd phones.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Samsung already has their mobile OS on phones. They been testing it in S.Korea for a while now. The reason you don't see phones with the Bada OS from Samsung in NA and EU is because it probably isn't ready to compete with Google, Apple and Windows. But, now teaming up with Intel, they might have better leverage here in the west.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
About Nokia:
The N8 (Symbian) has the best phone camera ever
The N9 (MeeGo+Harmattan UI)UI and multitasking is the best so far

The Microsoft mole Elop should be officially executed in the USA for his crimes or promoted as the permanent president of the USA
depending on the POV.
His is the 1st CEO ever to lie about the company products negatively
eg. claiming that N9 will not work and will not finish in time.
AND he made the switch over to a much less working platform: WP7
The real crooks are the idiots who hired him
I can't sell my stocks, but instead need to pray the Windows Phone 8 takes the whole world by surprise at the Xmas 2012.
Then I'll sell my Nokia shares and buy stocks of some medical company that sells diatsepam and parasetamol and sleeping pills.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Doesn't Samsung make Arm chips for phones and tablets? Getting into bed with Intel is a bizarre move, as they would essentially be competing each other by developing this OS for their own respective platforms.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]CyberAngel[/nom]About Nokia:The N8 (Symbian) has the best phone camera everThe N9 (MeeGo+Harmattan UI)UI and multitasking is the best so farThe Microsoft mole Elop should be officially executed in the USA for his crimes or promoted as the permanent president of the USAdepending on the POV.His is the 1st CEO ever to lie about the company products negativelyeg. claiming that N9 will not work and will not finish in time.AND he made the switch over to a much less working platform: WP7The real crooks are the idiots who hired himI can't sell my stocks, but instead need to pray the Windows Phone 8 takes the whole world by surprise at the Xmas 2012.Then I'll sell my Nokia shares and buy stocks of some medical company that sells diatsepam and parasetamol and sleeping pills.[/citation]
How is WP7 a much less working platform is truly, beyond my comprehension. Have you ever played around with one for 15 minutes? Have you even seen Mango at work? Or have you been relying on "reviews" to come up with a comment like that?

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Samsung already has their mobile OS on phones. They been testing it in S.Korea for a while now. The reason you don't see phones with the Bada OS from Samsung in NA and EU is because it probably isn't ready to compete with Google, Apple and Windows. But, now teaming up with Intel, they might have better leverage here in the west.[/citation]
Actually Bada is available in Europe, in fact pretty much everywhere except the US. As for not competing, it actually has more market share than WP7. The lack of quality apps is where Bada can't compete with the more mature/popular platforms. The OS itself is very competitive.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Ugh, a new OS again? Seriously, for a new OS to succeed it needs to be pushed aggressively into the market to compete and support features that surpasses the competition in every way. We don't need another half-assed OS.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]MinDistortionz[/nom]doesn't samsung make phones...[/citation]
Hehe, yes, actually 17% of the smartphone market belongs to Samsung. (18% to apple)
And with Galaxy II I'd expect Samsung's share to rise.

Intel is still trying, eh. Previous track record suggests that any OS project Intel becomes involved in is bound to fail, but this one may be different.

For one, Intel wants its own platform. That's given. But there's the important factor with Samsung - they want their indigenous OS. Bada is not attracting investors and buyers, but with Intel's presence and Samsung's manufacturing capability this could work.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
in the beginning there was a simple big bulky phone with large 1SM battery with pull-up antenna, and uses LED and cost U$4,000.00
Then came LCD
Then short antenna and there's still the pull-up antenna
Then came IRDA...
then came bluetooth
> then USB, and bluetooth
> USB cables and with chargers and headphones
> Many more types of headphones connectors
> Many types of chargers and connectors

and now...

> Many OS on every mobile brands
> Many mobile brands on every OS
> And there's Symbian os
> And there's Apple os
> And there's Bada
> Meego
> Android phone
> And there's these versions of OS in China, not bad, but not good.
> And there's apps
> and more apps
> and plenty of more apps
> And this new OS
> And Chaos begins...
I hope life would be simple again...

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Samsung bidding for WebOS is probably to acquire their licenses. They are already under fire from Apple. The last thing they want is to take on another patent war with the software side. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.