XP asks to regiester at every reboot

February 9, 2005 3:05:01 PM

I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

So what else can I do?

More about : asks regiester reboot

February 9, 2005 7:23:06 PM

If you have reinstalled or performed a repair installational of XP it will
require activation.

Registration is an option, never mandatory.

SO, if it is actually asking for ACTIVATION, just do it!

"Chris" wrote:

> I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
> reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
> use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
> uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
> regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
>
> So what else can I do?
February 9, 2005 8:49:08 PM

Ok, it is asking me to activate every time I reboot windows. That isn't
normal. Also, the unique id that is generated for me to get the code over
the phone is always the same.... meaning I just copied down the activation
code and now enter that instead of calling MS.

"BAR" wrote:

> If you have reinstalled or performed a repair installational of XP it will
> require activation.
>
> Registration is an option, never mandatory.
>
> SO, if it is actually asking for ACTIVATION, just do it!
>

> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
> > reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
> > use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
> > uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
> > regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
> >
> > So what else can I do?
February 10, 2005 5:13:02 AM

If you try calling MS they will help fix the problem.