XP asks to regiester at every reboot

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

So what else can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about asks regiester reboot
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    If you have reinstalled or performed a repair installational of XP it will
    require activation.

    Registration is an option, never mandatory.

    SO, if it is actually asking for ACTIVATION, just do it!


    "Chris" wrote:

    > I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
    > reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
    > use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
    > uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
    > regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
    >
    > So what else can I do?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Ok, it is asking me to activate every time I reboot windows. That isn't
    normal. Also, the unique id that is generated for me to get the code over
    the phone is always the same.... meaning I just copied down the activation
    code and now enter that instead of calling MS.

    "BAR" wrote:

    > If you have reinstalled or performed a repair installational of XP it will
    > require activation.
    >
    > Registration is an option, never mandatory.
    >
    > SO, if it is actually asking for ACTIVATION, just do it!
    >
    >
    >
    > "Chris" wrote:
    >
    > > I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
    > > reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
    > > use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
    > > uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
    > > regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
    > >
    > > So what else can I do?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    If you try calling MS they will help fix the problem.

    "Chris" wrote:

    > Ok, it is asking me to activate every time I reboot windows. That isn't
    > normal. Also, the unique id that is generated for me to get the code over
    > the phone is always the same.... meaning I just copied down the activation
    > code and now enter that instead of calling MS.
    >
    > "BAR" wrote:
    >
    > > If you have reinstalled or performed a repair installational of XP it will
    > > require activation.
    > >
    > > Registration is an option, never mandatory.
    > >
    > > SO, if it is actually asking for ACTIVATION, just do it!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "Chris" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am running XP Pro. The computer was hit by various spyware. Now at every
    > > > reboot, windows asks me to register. The funny thing is the code I have to
    > > > use never changes. I thought it was randomly generated. I have tried
    > > > uninstalling SP2 as well as rebooting to safe mode and running regsvr32.exe
    > > > regqizc.dll, regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
    > > >
    > > > So what else can I do?
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Microsoft Windows XP