Cached Credentials and Forgotten Password

I've got a domain user (non-AD), who travels with his laptop a lot. He
always logs on using cached credentials when he's away from the office.
He forgot his password, so now he can't log on.

The laptop is running Windows XP SP2.

Is there a halfway easy method of changing the cached password?
1 answer Last reply
More about cached credentials forgotten password

    The only way I know that works is for a "Domain Admin" to change it, then
    have him/her log into the domain - it will the recache the profile with the
    new password - to my knowledge only the "user" him/herself can change the
    cached password, and then only if they remember the "old" password to get in
    to start with - I'm not sure if a cached profile of a "Domain Admin" can
    change it or not, but I'm sure a "Local Admin" would not.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    "RC" <nainlbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a domain user (non-AD), who travels with his laptop a lot. He
    > always logs on using cached credentials when he's away from the office.
    > He forgot his password, so now he can't log on.
    >
    > The laptop is running Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Is there a halfway easy method of changing the cached password?

Laptops Windows XP