Windows XP Automatic Update stopped working today 2/9/05

Bruce

Here's my scenario.

I have about 20 computers on WXP with SP2 and all updates patched up to
2/2/09. Autoupdate was working perfectly set to check every morning. On
2/7/05 through 2/8/05 Microsoft posts about 10 critical WXP patches. I can
go to the windows update site and manually update the patches but it seems
that Autoupdate will not automatically download them. I've checked and auto
update is still set to do download and install automatically every day. No
software or firewalls have changed since the last update. Anyone else
experiencing this problem or have any news about it?

TIA - Bruce

blaine

I'm having the exact same problem, but my automatic updates never seem to
work. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Everything is turned on and
the updates are set to download and then notify me that they are ready to be
installed.

Same problem here. Mine is set to notify when new updates are available. It
notifies me, but when I click "Download" (all updates are selected, of
course), the yellow shield tray icon just disappears and nothing happens.

I can repeat the procedure but turning Automatic Updates off, and then on
again. I get notified every time, but it refuses to download.

I know this was working properly for previous patches. BTW, nothing is
showing up in event viewer.

Any solutions out there?

blaine

Come on, there has to be someone who can help us. I would really like to get
this fixed asap!

TRENDING THREADS