Other Users Start Menus

Is there anyway that I can restrict what other users' have on their start
menus? I would like to restrict access to the control panel as well as either
restrict or hide some of the programs they can see. Thanks!

Malke

ColdNovember wrote:

> Is there anyway that I can restrict what other users' have on their
> start menus? I would like to restrict access to the control panel as
> well as either restrict or hide some of the programs they can see.
> Thanks!

Very fine-grained control can be done with the Group Policy Editor.
Start>Run gpedit.msc [enter]. Look at the Administrative Templates.

Since you haven't given us any information about your system(s), that's
as specific an answer as you can get. The Group Policy Editor is only
available on XP Pro. For Home Edition, take a look at Doug Knox's
Security Console at his website, www.dougknox.com.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that...
I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all the updates installed. It's a
single computer that I hope to have two or three accounts running on. The
administrator (unlimited access) and at least one other account. I want to
hide things like the system tools, control panel, and some various programs
so other user accounts cannot access the programs. I hope this helps, if you
need more information please let me know.