Radeon allinwonder 7500 TV display disappeared!

Help, oh guru's!

Two days ago, my ATI AIW 7500 was working fine (win2K SP4, single
display, no TV attached, etc. - plain vanilla setup). Yesterday all
of a sudden the TV will not display, although the sound for the
channel can be heard. Other inputs (composite) will display, but not
the cable input. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, checked
that there is only 1 display possible, unloaded multidesk, etc., etc.
Do I have a hardware problem, i.e. has the card died? Yesterday it
would flash a badly colored TV image before vanishing (including the
control panel, it also vanished), now it won't even show that. I'm
running catalyst 4.6...

- elmar

In article <MPG.1b62019ed366b9d39896f2@news-server.nc.rr.com>,
chagin_one@yahoo.com says...
> Help, oh guru's!
>
> Two days ago, my ATI AIW 7500 was working fine (win2K SP4, single
> display, no TV attached, etc. - plain vanilla setup). Yesterday all
> of a sudden the TV will not display, although the sound for the
> channel can be heard. Other inputs (composite) will display, but not
> the cable input. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, checked
> that there is only 1 display possible, unloaded multidesk, etc., etc.
> Do I have a hardware problem, i.e. has the card died? Yesterday it
> would flash a badly colored TV image before vanishing (including the
> control panel, it also vanished), now it won't even show that. I'm
> running catalyst 4.6...
>
> - elmar

anyone? I get no answer from the ATI site, either....