Unable to access the folder

Hi all,
I need help to resolve the issue.
I created a shared folder yesterday and a friend copied all his data into
that over the net. After that I removed the sharing rights.
Now I can not open that foler. The size is huge 4 Gb. I tried taking
owenership but I do not get that option.
What should I do to make that folder accessable.
i am using windows Xp with service pack 2.
I always get access denied message.
1 answer Last reply
More about unable access folder

    Manu wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I need help to resolve the issue.
    > I created a shared folder yesterday and a friend copied all his data into
    > that over the net. After that I removed the sharing rights.
    > Now I can not open that foler. The size is huge 4 Gb. I tried taking
    > owenership but I do not get that option.
    > What should I do to make that folder accessable.
    > i am using windows Xp with service pack 2.
    > I always get access denied message.

    Did you "Deny" access to the Everyone group? If you "deny" access then
    no-one can take ownership AFAIK.....

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk