Unable to access the folder

February 10, 2005 1:49:09 PM

Hi all,
I need help to resolve the issue.
I created a shared folder yesterday and a friend copied all his data into
that over the net. After that I removed the sharing rights.
Now I can not open that foler. The size is huge 4 Gb. I tried taking
owenership but I do not get that option.
What should I do to make that folder accessable.
i am using windows Xp with service pack 2.
I always get access denied message.

More about : unable access folder

February 10, 2005 10:12:09 PM

Manu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need help to resolve the issue.
> I created a shared folder yesterday and a friend copied all his data into
> that over the net. After that I removed the sharing rights.
> Now I can not open that foler. The size is huge 4 Gb. I tried taking
> owenership but I do not get that option.
> What should I do to make that folder accessable.
> i am using windows Xp with service pack 2.
> I always get access denied message.

Did you "Deny" access to the Everyone group? If you "deny" access then
no-one can take ownership AFAIK.....

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk