Rumor: Blizzard Revealing Project Titan Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

trak74

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Cuecuemore[/nom]This story was already announced on IGN and then updated with an official Blizz comment that this will not happen.[/citation]

LOL, Remove Article?

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Q4 2013 seems possible for "Titan". No sooner. If that's when the 5th X-pak goes live, it will mean that Blizzard takes another year to develop it than they have previous ones, I would think Nov 2012 is a reasonable expected target date for X-pak #4. If it got pushed to early 2013, that would be in the range of normal. Not saying they wouldn't take an extra year, and perhaps they would do well to take the time to develop meatier content, but they've already announced releasing the raid content in which the players defeat the main boss for this X-pak (Deathwing), so I'm thinking they don't have 2 years worth of additional Cataclysm content to release.

So, I expect they'll announce the next WoW X-pak anyway. Just guessing, of course.

;)

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Saw that on IGN too.. makes me wonder who these analysts are and who pays them to make shite up for a living.. nevermind the fact that this analyst thinks Blizz will announce a release date for Diablo 3.. clearly they don't know dick all about how Blizzard works.. they do not announce release dates that far ahead of time. Ever. What we'll here at Blizzcon is that Diablo 3 will release when it's done, and that's as specific as they'll get, MAYBE saying something vague like first half of 2012.

mephistocr

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
3 years prior to release announcements and then 2 years in delayed release dates is getting old, and people are getting tired of it. We sucked it with Duke Nukem because it became part of gaming folklore. I wouldn't think it to be a smart move to announce "Titan" when we actually know we wont be seeing any of it until 2016-17 (i would say 2nd half 2017 - 1Q 2018), and just imagine the amount of decent F2P MMO while we wait for it. Blizzard is reacting late, and lets just hope they can blow our minds away, now that we've seen everything.
I still remember the first time I saw WoW, the sounds, the music, the graphics, the feeling, the environment, and how I got immediately hooked, and lasted more than 6 years, of which the last 2 years I sadly watched its downfall. I miss and long to have the same sensation of discovery again.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
its blizzard... they take a long time to release anything... but its always been worth the wait, and if somehting doesn't work out they scrap it (RIP starcraft ghost).

given the company history I am looking forward to titan whenever it is truley ready to be released they will release it, till then there are planty of other games out there to play... now if you'll excuse me i must get back to playing space marine (relic does some pretty good work to )

G

I think media needs to start covering solid information based on events taking place rather than speculating the Who, What, When, Where.

flint4president

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I've been waiting on blizzard a long time... Darn im gettin old
"Operation CWAL (Can't Wait Any Longer) A band of Blizzard fans that formed after the repeated Delay the StarCraft release date beyond December 1997.
Impatient fans interested in the game, CWAL contributed through works of fiction on the battle.net forums in which StarCraft was completed but it was being held up in an evil plot by Blizzard's management, which was bent on world domination! CWAL was an organization attempting to liberate the StarCraft CD."

G

Even if they did announce Titan.. it's not going to be out before Xmas this year, so how does that stop people from buying SW:TOR? It was a dumb article to begin with, beyond the fact Blizzard already said they aren't announcing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.