Microsoft Windows Messenger?

a b 8 Security
February 10, 2005 11:31:02 PM

i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
right version?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 11, 2005 11:41:12 AM

"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
> would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
> right version?

Yes and No
see
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05...

- if you are using Windows Messenger on Windows XP then you should ideally
be using version 5.1.0639
get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
> would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
> right version?
February 11, 2005 11:41:13 AM

IS messenger 5.1 compatible with media center 2005

!