Microsoft Windows Messenger?

i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
right version?
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft windows messenger

    "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
    > would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
    > right version?

    Yes and No
    see
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-009.mspx

    - if you are using Windows Messenger on Windows XP then you should ideally
    be using version 5.1.0639
    get it from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8D9EB73-5F8C-4B9A-940F-9157A3B3D774&displaylang=en

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
    > would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
    > right version?

    IS messenger 5.1 compatible with media center 2005

    "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

    > "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
    > > would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
    > > right version?
    >
    > Yes and No
    > see
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-009.mspx
    >
    > - if you are using Windows Messenger on Windows XP then you should ideally
    > be using version 5.1.0639
    > get it from
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8D9EB73-5F8C-4B9A-940F-9157A3B3D774&displaylang=en
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups
    >
    > "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i just installed Microsoft Windows Messenger update on Window update and i
    > > would like to know what the version should be? i got 4.7.3001 is this the
    > > right version?

Security Messenger Microsoft Windows XP