Unknown password for XP log in

Any help appreciated!
A password prompt has somehow been added to the log-in window of my xp home
OS. When I as for a password hint, it gives me what I have sometimes used
as an answer to my security question "what is my mother's maiden name" I
have just recently purchased this computer and had not set-up a password,
nor had been promted for one on the first many log-in attempts over the last
couple weeks. How do I reset or eliminate this password?

--
Bob

Bob;
Something here should help: