Unknown password for XP log in

Any help appreciated!
A password prompt has somehow been added to the log-in window of my xp home
OS. When I as for a password hint, it gives me what I have sometimes used
as an answer to my security question "what is my mother's maiden name" I
have just recently purchased this computer and had not set-up a password,
nor had been promted for one on the first many log-in attempts over the last
couple weeks. How do I reset or eliminate this password?

--
Bob
1 answer Last reply

    Bob;
    Something here should help:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Bob Down" <bobdown@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message
    > Any help appreciated!
    > A password prompt has somehow been added to the log-in window of my xp
    > home
    > OS. When I as for a password hint, it gives me what I have sometimes used
    > as an answer to my security question "what is my mother's maiden name" I
    > have just recently purchased this computer and had not set-up a password,
    > nor had been promted for one on the first many log-in attempts over the
    > last
    > couple weeks. How do I reset or eliminate this password?
    >

    > --
    > Bob

Login Security Windows XP