Ability to rotate screen in AIW 128?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some help here. A good friend of mine just got a beautiful
pivoting 18" LCD monitor made by NEC. He's got WinXP and an ATI AIW 128
(since he digitizes non-digital camcorder stuff).

The NEC used to come with Pivot software, but doesn't anymore for some
reason (I just called NEC).

By coincidence, I just downloaded the latest drivers for my aging NVIDIA
card, and lo and behold the new GeForce2 drivers come with rotation
abilities built in.

Can you tell me if the most recent ATI drivers have similar (i.e. rotation)
functionality built in, especially for the ATI AIW 128? If not, I suppose
I'll look around for some sort of Pivot software.

Thanks in advance,
Cordo

"Cordovero" <cordoveroxxxremovexxx@yahooxxx.com> wrote in message
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm looking for some help here. A good friend of mine just got a
beautiful
> pivoting 18" LCD monitor made by NEC. He's got WinXP and an ATI AIW 128
> (since he digitizes non-digital camcorder stuff).
>
> The NEC used to come with Pivot software, but doesn't anymore for some
> reason (I just called NEC).
>
> By coincidence, I just downloaded the latest drivers for my aging NVIDIA
> card, and lo and behold the new GeForce2 drivers come with rotation
> abilities built in.
>
> Can you tell me if the most recent ATI drivers have similar (i.e.
rotation)
> functionality built in, especially for the ATI AIW 128? If not, I suppose
> I'll look around for some sort of Pivot software.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cordo

Hi Cordo

From Catalist 4.3, ATI drivers have also rotation facilities build-in
I tried it with a ATI 9200 PCI card ant it worked ok

See you, Jan

> From Catalist 4.3, ATI drivers have also rotation facilities build-in
> I tried it with a ATI 9200 PCI card ant it worked ok
>
> See you, Jan

Thanks, Jan.

If anyone else knows if Catalist works with the AIW 128, I'd be grateful.

Best,
Cordo

Catalist won't work with such an old AIW, now that I think about it.

Anybody use it with an AIW Radeon 9000 PRO? Seems the most reasonably
priced AIW, if I want to upgrade, which has a DVI out.

> > From Catalist 4.3, ATI drivers have also rotation facilities build-in
> > I tried it with a ATI 9200 PCI card ant it worked ok
> >
> > See you, Jan
>
> Thanks, Jan.
>
> If anyone else knows if Catalist works with the AIW 128, I'd be grateful.
>
> Best,
> Cordo

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:07:45 GMT, "Cordovero"
<cordoveroxxxremovexxx@yahooxxx.com> wrote:

>Catalist won't work with such an old AIW, now that I think about it.
>
>Anybody use it with an AIW Radeon 9000 PRO? Seems the most reasonably
>priced AIW, if I want to upgrade, which has a DVI out.
>
>Cordo
>
>"Cordovero" <cordoveroxxxremovexxx@yahooxxx.com> wrote in message
>> > From Catalist 4.3, ATI drivers have also rotation facilities build-in
>> > I tried it with a ATI 9200 PCI card ant it worked ok
>> >
>> > See you, Jan
>>
>> Thanks, Jan.
>>
>> If anyone else knows if Catalist works with the AIW 128, I'd be grateful.
>>
>> Best,
>> Cordo

Certainly, Cordo. Catalyst drivers will work with all Radeon cards.
Don't forget that, with an AIW, you also need the capture driver and,
if you want it (most people find it useful) Control Panel.

You can install them as separates (favourite routine is capture
driver, don't reboot, display driver, reboot, Control Panel, reboot)
or, for all Catalyst drivers since about 3.8 or so, just use the "High
Speed" driver that has all those components included.

patrickp

clint

I just tried the screen rotation on my AIW 8500DV, and it worked fine.

Clint