svhs tv-out problem on Hercules 9700

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Hope someone can help,
I've just bought a 2ndhand Hercules 9700 and it came without any cables. I
have a standard 4pin svhs cable that works but the picture is almost devoid
of colour. I've also tried a cable from my old Sapphire 9100 and that shows
a picture thats very dark and saturated with colour. The Sapphire cable has
8 pins

o o o
o o o
o o ----- these 2 are instead of the plastic block

If you have the same card can you check the pin configuration of the cable
and tell me whats its like - i may be able to adapt my Sapphire cable to
suit.

TIA
Ben

I use 4 pin s-video cables all the time with my radeon 9500 and 9800. Black
and White usually means that either you video standard is not set to NTSC or
that your display setting is black and white and not colour. Or
alternatively, if you are in the UK? Maybe your video standard *is* set to
NTSC and not PAL?