TV WONDER USB refuses to work in XP

I bought the TV WONDER USB to watch TV on my notebook here at school. I can
not for my life get the tuner to work. The ATI MMC software doesnt work, the
dreaded "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I've tried numerous
tv tuner programs.

The last program I have used is DScaler. In the program I can see one
channel (no audio), and if I attempt to change the channel the video remains
on the same one. So I can see the usb tuner has the capability to send one
channel to my notebook (although very bad quality, I just want it to work
for now).

How can I harness this to get it to actually work? It seems no software
wants to work. I do not wish to format my pc, I just did it earlier this
month with XP PRO.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Is there another usb tuner that
works better than this ATI?
3 answers Last reply
More about refuses work

    Does your notebook use Intel graphics
    chipset?

    Then it'll never work, there's an "overlay conflict"
    somehow.

    ATI blames Intel. Intel blames ATI. Been round and round
    with both of them. Gave up.

    Have had to live with it for 3 years. Capture works
    OK, just not TV.

    "Brian" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    > I bought the TV WONDER USB to watch TV on my notebook here at school. I
    can
    > not for my life get the tuner to work. The ATI MMC software doesnt work,
    the
    > dreaded "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I've tried
    numerous
    > tv tuner programs.
    >
    > The last program I have used is DScaler. In the program I can see one
    > channel (no audio), and if I attempt to change the channel the video
    remains
    > on the same one. So I can see the usb tuner has the capability to send one
    > channel to my notebook (although very bad quality, I just want it to work
    > for now).
    >
    > How can I harness this to get it to actually work? It seems no software
    > wants to work. I do not wish to format my pc, I just did it earlier this
    > month with XP PRO.
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Is there another usb tuner
    that
    > works better than this ATI?

    Yes, it is an intel chipset. Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I will
    sell this right back on ebay.

    brian

    "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Does your notebook use Intel graphics
    > chipset?
    >
    > Then it'll never work, there's an "overlay conflict"
    > somehow.
    >
    > ATI blames Intel. Intel blames ATI. Been round and round
    > with both of them. Gave up.
    >
    > Have had to live with it for 3 years. Capture works
    > OK, just not TV.
    >
    > "Brian" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    > > I bought the TV WONDER USB to watch TV on my notebook here at school. I
    > can
    > > not for my life get the tuner to work. The ATI MMC software doesnt work,
    > the
    > > dreaded "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I've tried
    > numerous
    > > tv tuner programs.
    > >
    > > The last program I have used is DScaler. In the program I can see one
    > > channel (no audio), and if I attempt to change the channel the video
    > remains
    > > on the same one. So I can see the usb tuner has the capability to send
    one
    > > channel to my notebook (although very bad quality, I just want it to
    work
    > > for now).
    > >
    > > How can I harness this to get it to actually work? It seems no software
    > > wants to work. I do not wish to format my pc, I just did it earlier this
    > > month with XP PRO.
    > >
    > > If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Is there another usb tuner
    > that
    > > works better than this ATI?

    Here's the dope from the Intel folks:

    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-004688-prd39.htm

    I just use mine in the field to cap small portions
    of pipeline video inspections to grab still frames from...
    at this it does fine. I would like to watch TV in
    my spare time, tho'

    > Yes, it is an intel chipset. Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I will
    > sell this right back on ebay.
    >
    > brian
    >
    > "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > > Does your notebook use Intel graphics
    > > chipset?
    > >
    > > Then it'll never work, there's an "overlay conflict"
    > > somehow.
    > >
    > > ATI blames Intel. Intel blames ATI. Been round and round
    > > with both of them. Gave up.
    > >
    > > Have had to live with it for 3 years. Capture works
    > > OK, just not TV.
    > >
    > > "Brian" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    > > > I bought the TV WONDER USB to watch TV on my notebook here at school.
    > > can
    > > > not for my life get the tuner to work. The ATI MMC software doesnt
    work,
    > > the
    > > > dreaded "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I've tried
    > > numerous
    > > > tv tuner programs.
    > > >
    > > > The last program I have used is DScaler. In the program I can see one
    > > > channel (no audio), and if I attempt to change the channel the video
    > > remains
    > > > on the same one. So I can see the usb tuner has the capability to send
    > one
    > > > channel to my notebook (although very bad quality, I just want it to
    > work
    > > > for now).
    > > >
    > > > How can I harness this to get it to actually work? It seems no
    software
    > > > wants to work. I do not wish to format my pc, I just did it earlier
    this
    > > > month with XP PRO.
    > > >
    > > > If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Is there another usb tuner
    > > that
    > > > works better than this ATI?

Radeon TV Tuner USB Graphics