AIW8500 with VGA Monitor and Digital (M1DA) Projector usin..

Andy

Hi,

I got a AIW8500 (no, not the DV, just the regular AIW8500) with a
DVI-I connector. Lately I bought a DLP projector and now I want to use
both the projector and the VGA monitor simultanously or at least don't
want to crouch under the desk and unplug the monitor and plug in the
projector each time I use it.
Anyway, I've seen there are Y-splitter cables out there (i.e.
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=DVIIY-1)... Do
they work with a AIW8500? Any experiences?

So far I only saw that it works with a AIW9700
(http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/aiw_dual_display/aiw_dual_display.html).

geoff

Andy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a AIW8500 (no, not the DV, just the regular AIW8500) with a
> DVI-I connector. Lately I bought a DLP projector and now I want to use
> both the projector and the VGA monitor simultanously or at least don't
> want to crouch under the desk and unplug the monitor and plug in the
> projector each time I use it.
> Anyway, I've seen there are Y-splitter cables out there (i.e.
> http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=DVIIY-1)... Do
> they work with a AIW8500? Any experiences?
>
> So far I only saw that it works with a AIW9700
> (http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/aiw_dual_display/aiw_dual_display.html).

yes it will work, i assume you got one of those dvi to vga adapters?

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_Digital_Visual_Interface_DVI_Bus.html
note the analog and dig are separate in the spec
simple matter to split them, as they are already split, dvi rocks :)