How can i register my administrator account as owner also?

Hi, I regestered the computer in my name,but my account; although benig admin
and the only admin on the p.c, is not regestered as owner, there is a
seperate folder called owner in the documents and settings which my frontpage
keeps saving my files to but it is not my account; is there anyway to make
it i heard there is a way thorough means of the registry editor

any help would be greatly appriciated thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about register administrator account owner also

    "Foolishoverlord" <Foolishoverlord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:ABCCDD0F-BC20-4E2D-90F4-706CD592A90F@microsoft.com...
    > Hi, I regestered the computer in my name,but my account; although benig
    > admin
    > and the only admin on the p.c, is not regestered as owner, there is a
    > seperate folder called owner in the documents and settings which my
    > frontpage
    > keeps saving my files to but it is not my account; is there anyway to make
    > it i heard there is a way thorough means of the registry editor
    >
    > any help would be greatly appriciated thanks

    The original name of your user account was "Owner" so that's where its
    putting your files. The account called "Administrator" is a separate
    account, but it is hidden from you unless you boot up in safe-mode (only for
    troubleshooting.) Your user account is a member of the administrators group
    as well so there's no need to use the built-in "Administrator" account.

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

    [[The Owner account may not be removed correctly when you run Setup on
    computers that are running Windows XP Home Edition. The Owner account is
    displayed as "Account Unknown" when you view profiles on the computer.
    Also, the Owner folder is not removed because the profile is not removed.
    Note that other problems occur if an Owner account is used or created
    during the remainder of setup or Out of Box Experience (OOBE).]]

    [[This problem does not occur on Microsoft Windows XP Professional-based
    computers because the Administrator account is used during Setup. This
    problem also does not occur on Windows XP Home Edition-based computers if
    you do not use the Owner name as the default user. The OOBE deletes the
    Owner account before completing the procedure after you install the fix from
    this article.

    NOTE: Existing data in the Owner folder from the Owner and the Administrator
    is copied to the Default User folder before it is deleted.]]

    See this for a fix...
    The Owner Account Is Displayed As "Account Unknown" in Profiles on Windows
    XP Home Edition-Based Computers
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312131

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ABCCDD0F-BC20-4E2D-90F4-706CD592A90F@microsoft.com,
    Foolishoverlord <Foolishoverlord@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
    pecked:
    > Hi, I regestered the computer in my name,but my account; although
    > benig admin and the only admin on the p.c, is not regestered as
    > owner, there is a seperate folder called owner in the documents and
    > settings which my frontpage keeps saving my files to but it is not my
    > account; is there anyway to make it i heard there is a way thorough
    > means of the registry editor
    >
    > any help would be greatly appriciated thanks

Microsoft Windows XP