range

I have a microsoft MN-500 wireless base station, and it has very poor range.
Move 2 rooms away and the reception is very poor. I thought it was
supossed to be good for something like 900 feet? Any ideas?

Terry

papa

From what I have read, 200 to 300 feet is about the max.

"terry kangas" <kterry@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> I have a microsoft MN-500 wireless base station, and it has very poor
range.
> Move 2 rooms away and the reception is very poor. I thought it was
> supossed to be good for something like 900 feet? Any ideas?
>
> Terry

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

900'???? stock 802.11b devices usually have a range on around 100' in the
clear, much less through walls and around other equipment. also check the
review at:
if you boost the power and/or use a better antenna you can get farther, but
900' is probably still stretching it without directional antennas on both
ends.