I currently have a PowerColor (ATI 9000) video card. Over the last few
months I've been having more and more issues with it. A few examples:
in Sim City 4 when I'm playing any of the train missions several of the
train cars disappear, in Max Payne 2 and XIII the walls become
transparent or random colors start appearing like some bad acid trip.
I've tried updating the drivers via the ATI website (this is what
PowerColor says to do) but it hasn't helped at all.

So I assume the card is dying on me. I'm considering upgrading to the
9800 series as that is about as expensive as I can afford but with
multiple versions of the 9800 series (i.e. 9800, 9800 Pro, 9800 XT) I'm
a little confused what the differences are between the cards. The
comparison chart on ATI's site isn't very helpful and I can't find any
reviews or thoughts written in layman terms.

Could someone please enlighten me? Is there a significant difference?
Thanks!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:05:25 -0500, "Marc B." <noneof@your.biz> wrote:

> 9800, 9800 Pro, 9800 XT

fast, faster, fasterer