6800U DESTROYS x800xt in Doom3!

Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

roller11@comcast.net
Jeff B
3 answers Last reply
More about 6800u destroys x800xt doom3

    JB wrote:
    > Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
    > to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
    > 6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
    > 14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
    > Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.
    >
    > roller11@comcast.net
    > Jeff B

    Future OpenGL games.

    --
    Derek

    JB left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
    > to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
    > 6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
    > 14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
    > Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

    This is because Doom 3 is OpenGL. ATI's OpenGL support isn't too great
    and nVidia cards perform very well.

    On the other hand the majority of games use DirectX as their API and ATI
    ATI have a track record of out performing nVidia cards here.

    If the future games you mention are OpenGL I would agree. But you would
    be wise to consider the performance of a wide selection of games before
    commiting yourself to one particular vendor.

    Why are you selling the 6800U BTW?
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    > Why are you selling the 6800U BTW?

    It has a very minor problem displaying pre recorded
    HDTV files, and then, only on one particular station,
    CBS here in Denver Colorado.

    Jeff Buchanan

Radeon ATI Graphics