6800U DESTROYS x800xt in Doom3!

JB

Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

roller11@comcast.net
Jeff B

JB wrote:
> Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
> to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
> 6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
> 14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
> Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.
>
> roller11@comcast.net
> Jeff B

Future OpenGL games.

--
Derek

JB left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Did you guys see the benchmarks of Doom3? I was surprised
> to see how the 6800U wiped the floor with both the
> 6800GT and the x800xt. Perhaps I shouldn't have after getting almost
> 14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
> Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

This is because Doom 3 is OpenGL. ATI's OpenGL support isn't too great
and nVidia cards perform very well.

On the other hand the majority of games use DirectX as their API and ATI
ATI have a track record of out performing nVidia cards here.

If the future games you mention are OpenGL I would agree. But you would
be wise to consider the performance of a wide selection of games before
commiting yourself to one particular vendor.

Why are you selling the 6800U BTW?
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

JB

> Why are you selling the 6800U BTW?

It has a very minor problem displaying pre recorded
HDTV files, and then, only on one particular station,
CBS here in Denver Colorado.

Jeff Buchanan