Last user login time

I'd like each user receive a message when he login with his last
(prevoius) login date and time.

In the security policy I activated the right auditing. Now I have login
time and failed attempts logged and I can see them in the EventLog.
What do I have to do now?

--
Plinio Conti <pliniocontiATtiscaliDOTit>
3 answers Last reply

    Plinio Conti wrote:

    > I'd like each user receive a message when he login with his last
    > (prevoius) login date and time.
    >
    > In the security policy I activated the right auditing. Now I have login
    > time and failed attempts logged and I can see them in the EventLog.
    > What do I have to do now?
    Hi

    You don't need to use auditing fir this. Take a look at this thread
    for a couple of other ways to do it:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=C55B59FE-3D06-45CD-BD32-75290C1B557F%40microsoft.com

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Thank you. Nice script.
    Althought I guess an audit based script would be more secure than a file
    based script....

    > Plinio Conti wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like each user receive a message when he login with his last
    > > (prevoius) login date and time.
    > >
    > > In the security policy I activated the right auditing. Now I have login
    > > time and failed attempts logged and I can see them in the EventLog.
    > > What do I have to do now?
    > Hi
    >
    > You don't need to use auditing fir this. Take a look at this thread
    > for a couple of other ways to do it:
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=C55B59FE-3D06-45CD-BD32-75290C1B557F%40microsoft.com

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Thank you. Nice script.
    Althought I guess an audit based script would be more secure than a file
    based script....

    > Plinio Conti wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like each user receive a message when he login with his last
    > > (prevoius) login date and time.
    > >
    > > In the security policy I activated the right auditing. Now I have login
    > > time and failed attempts logged and I can see them in the EventLog.
    > > What do I have to do now?
    > Hi
    >
    > You don't need to use auditing fir this. Take a look at this thread
    > for a couple of other ways to do it:
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=C55B59FE-3D06-45CD-BD32-75290C1B557F%40microsoft.com

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Login Security Microsoft Windows XP