9700Pro DirectX and 'shader model' support?

I was reading the artikel on Toms hardware about Far Cry 1.2, DirectX9c
and shader model 3.0:
[http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040705/index.html]
and was wondering what the 9700Pro is supporting? Is it capable of DX9
and shader model 2 or is it limited to DX8?

Also does anyone know what Doom3 and HL2 are going to support?

tia,
B.
1 answer Last reply
More about 9700pro directx shader model support

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:28:32 +0200, "Benno..." <0@0.invalid> wrote:

    >I was reading the artikel on Toms hardware about Far Cry 1.2, DirectX9c
    >and shader model 3.0:
    >[http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040705/index.html]
    >and was wondering what the 9700Pro is supporting? Is it capable of DX9
    >and shader model 2 or is it limited to DX8?

    No ATI cards support PS3.0, only the latest NVidia cards do. The 9700
    Pro is DX9 with PS2.0.

Radeon Support Directx Graphics