Forgotten Password

I have forgotten the password that allows me to enter my computer on Windows
XP. I have read where you have to reinstall the OS from scratch and then
reinstall all of your programs when this happens.
Is there any way around this? Sounds like a drastic measure. I would
appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about forgotten password

    For anyone who reads this, thanks for your consideration but I solved the
    problem by going into my administrative settings and changing the user name
    password. Phew!

    "Lori" wrote:

    > I have forgotten the password that allows me to enter my computer on Windows
    > XP. I have read where you have to reinstall the OS from scratch and then
    > reinstall all of your programs when this happens.
    > Is there any way around this? Sounds like a drastic measure. I would
    > appreciate any help you can offer.
    > Thanks.

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Lori" wrote:

    | I have forgotten the password that allows me to enter my computer on Windows
    | XP. I have read where you have to reinstall the OS from scratch and then
    | reinstall all of your programs when this happens.
    | Is there any way around this? Sounds like a drastic measure. I would
    | appreciate any help you can offer.
    | Thanks.

Windows XP