Forgotten Password

February 13, 2005 9:57:02 AM

I have forgotten the password that allows me to enter my computer on Windows
XP. I have read where you have to reinstall the OS from scratch and then
reinstall all of your programs when this happens.
Is there any way around this? Sounds like a drastic measure. I would
appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks.

More about : forgotten password

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:05:01 AM

For anyone who reads this, thanks for your consideration but I solved the
problem by going into my administrative settings and changing the user name
password. Phew!

"Lori" wrote:

> I have forgotten the password that allows me to enter my computer on Windows
> XP. I have read where you have to reinstall the OS from scratch and then
> reinstall all of your programs when this happens.
> Is there any way around this? Sounds like a drastic measure. I would
> appreciate any help you can offer.
> Thanks.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 12:06:15 PM

Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Forgot your admin password?

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP