File and Print sharing

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 17, 2004 3:55:12 PM

Hi, all

I have two XP Home PC's connected thru a wireless router, sharing a single
ADSL modem. I can ping between machines and can see shared files in each
machine frm the other (network neighbourhood). Both share the same
workgroup, windows client for network installed, guest account on etc.

The problem occurs when I want to access files e.g. copy, load into an
application, etc. It simply will not work. On one machine it gives a
permissions error, while the other the simply hangs.

I have tried most things such as loading additional protocols (netbeui,
netbios etc) and removing all except TCP/IP. Same problem.

Needless to say, I am pretty frustrated by this, so if anyone can help I
would much appreciated it.

Regards
Peter Williamson

---

More about : file print sharing

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 9:41:07 PM

Hi,
I would suggest you to try the following steps provided in the link below
to troubleshoot Wireless Network Connection in Windows XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242
Please revert back if you have any doubts on this.
Razia Begum

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 11:11:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks. No luck though. If I connect (one of the computers) thru a physical
cable, there is no problem. Am wondering if a different router would make a
difference? Perhaps 11g instead of 11b?

I have also tried a variety of different wireless cards .. No difference.

Would XP Pro make a difference?

"Razia Begum [MSFT]" <v-rbegum@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would suggest you to try the following steps provided in the link below
> to troubleshoot Wireless Network Connection in Windows XP.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242
> Please revert back if you have any doubts on this.
> Razia Begum

rights.

---
June 2, 2004 12:24:24 AM

I replaced the router with a Fulbond wireless model. Now can share files
and printer but have problems with PPPoE. I think this should be a config
problem but I've lost the manual.

"Razia Begum [MSFT]" <v-rbegum@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would suggest you to try the following steps provided in the link below
> to troubleshoot Wireless Network Connection in Windows XP.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242
> Please revert back if you have any doubts on this.
> Razia Begum

rights.

---