need original bios from Hercules 9700

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Ive bought a 2ndhand Hercules 9700 non-pro and the tv-out is only black and
white. The card overclocks and I suspect its been flashed with a unlocked
bios and that may be resposible for the bad tv-out. Ive tried a ATI oem bios
but it was rejected by Flashrom. Can someone please email the original bios
so I can try it.
Thanks for your help
removethis.bpespley@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:36:47 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:

>Ive bought a 2ndhand Hercules 9700 non-pro and the tv-out is only black and
>white. The card overclocks and I suspect its been flashed with a unlocked
>bios and that may be resposible for the bad tv-out. Ive tried a ATI oem bios
>but it was rejected by Flashrom. Can someone please email the original bios
>so I can try it.
>Thanks for your help
>removethis.bpespley@blueyonder.co.uk

Always a good idea to save your BIOS before flashing. ;-)

patrickp

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:36:47 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:
>
> >Ive bought a 2ndhand Hercules 9700 non-pro and the tv-out is only black
and
> >white. The card overclocks and I suspect its been flashed with a unlocked
> >bios and that may be resposible for the bad tv-out. Ive tried a ATI oem
bios
> >but it was rejected by Flashrom. Can someone please email the original
bios
> >so I can try it.
> >Thanks for your help
> >removethis.bpespley@blueyonder.co.uk
> >

> Always a good idea to save your BIOS before flashing. ;-)
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Yes - I always do save the original before I flash a new bios.
Read the post - its a 2nd hand card and the previous owner
flashed it with a hacked bios to allow overclocking. I want to
restore the card with its original manufacturers bios which will
hopefully correct the Tv-out problem.
Ive already phoned and emailed Hercules tech support and
they promised to email me a bios but Ive had sod all from them.

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Dave S." <keeporegongreen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check this guy's site http://www.mvktech.net/download.php
> He has 9700NP bios's but you need to see which Memory your card is running
> before chosing a bios.
> Hope this helps!
> GeeZer

Thanks for the tip Dave - my card unfortunately has heatsinks on the ram
as standard (which makes it great for overclocking !) but I cant check
the manufacturer without removing those and Im not going to do that.
There was one Hercules 9700 NP bios on that site for Hynix ram which
Ive tried but flashrom threw up an error and refused to flash it. Im
beginning
to think I may have to buy a TV Tuner card to give me an alternative
Tv-out. Thanks again for your help.
Ben

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:56:00 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:

>"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:36:47 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Ive bought a 2ndhand Hercules 9700 non-pro and the tv-out is only black
>and
>> >white. The card overclocks and I suspect its been flashed with a unlocked
>> >bios and that may be resposible for the bad tv-out. Ive tried a ATI oem
>bios
>> >but it was rejected by Flashrom. Can someone please email the original
>bios
>> >so I can try it.
>> >Thanks for your help
>> >removethis.bpespley@blueyonder.co.uk
>> >

>> Always a good idea to save your BIOS before flashing. ;-)
>>
>> patrickp
>>
>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>
>Yes - I always do save the original before I flash a new bios.
>Read the post - its a 2nd hand card and the previous owner
>flashed it with a hacked bios to allow overclocking. I want to
>restore the card with its original manufacturers bios which will
>hopefully correct the Tv-out problem.
>Ive already phoned and emailed Hercules tech support and
>they promised to email me a bios but Ive had sod all from them.

Whoops, sorry! ;-)

patrickp