hide other users documents folders

When A restricted user open explorer window (Computer's Resources) he
can see (top of the window) shortcuts to his Documents folder. But he
can see shortcuts to the doctuments folder of oher users as well!
How can I hide other users's folders?

--
Plinio Conti <pliniocontiATtiscaliDOTit>

Perhaps these may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=147

"Plinio Conti" wrote:

> When A restricted user open explorer window (Computer's Resources) he
> can see (top of the window) shortcuts to his Documents folder. But he
> can see shortcuts to the doctuments folder of oher users as well!
> How can I hide other users's folders?
>
> --
> Plinio Conti <pliniocontiATtiscaliDOTit>

jw

there are multiple ways to accomplish this. if you want to hide the
contents of other users' folders, you can easily learn how by using Help
and Support from the Start button, type in the Search box the words
"make folder private", and click on the link labeled
"Make your folders private when you are on a workgroup"
in this way, nobody can see the contents of other users' folders.

if you want the entire Documents folder to disappear from view by other
people, then simply use the List Folder Contents permission on the
Security tab for the User Profile folder (under Documents and Settings)
for which you want the folder contents to disappear from view.

Plinio Conti wrote:
> When A restricted user open explorer window (Computer's Resources) he
> can see (top of the window) shortcuts to his Documents folder. But he
> can see shortcuts to the doctuments folder of oher users as well!
> How can I hide other users's folders?

Ok. My Documents folder is already private. More than that:
Any user profile under Documents and Settings is is tottally private:
only the user himself, Administrators and System have some privileges on
it.
But this doesn't prevent the Icons of each user's documents folder to be
displayed in explorer windows (named "Documents - Mark", "Documents -
Bill", etc..).
Of course if I click on the Icon of any other user other than me I get
access denied. But what I want is to hide those icons.

Thank you, really.