Hydravision breaks Sun Java

I've been having a problem with a java video demuxing problem called
ProjectX. When i tried to start it, the process javaw.exe used up all my cpu
resources & made my computer unresponsive, requiring a restart or
termination of the javaw.exe process. This would occur every time the applet
was launched.

I searched google for answers & the closest i got to one was that
ad-blocking software may cause similar behaviour, so i disabled Norton
Internet Security, but the problem remained. I then tried manually killing
processes & then trying ProjectX. When i stopped the HydraDM.exe process
(from the Hydravision Full Edition-3-25-0006 suite) , it worked!

Since then, i've found that terminating this process alone allows ProjectX
to work as it is supposed to. I've got the latest full edition Hydravision
version from the ATi website installed & have never noticed it to cause
problems before, however on reflection, i have always had a few minor
"locking-up" issues with Sun Java... especially with the Java Plug-in applet
in the WinXP Control Panel & occaisional slow downs in some java games (like
Bejewelled, etc). These all disappear when HydraDM.exe is not running.

Previously i'd thought that since Sun & Microsoft are not exactly best
friends, that these glitches with java were likely to be a result of a
relative lack of interest by Sun in the Windows platform, but now i'm
wondering whether the fault is ATi's...

If anyone else has had a similar experience, please share it here

thanks,
j.a.

I've just uninstalled the full version & replaced it with the basic edition
& i don't have a problem...