Windows XP SP2 and Admin Shares

a b 8 Security
February 14, 2005 9:27:04 AM

Hi,

Recently we installed SP2 on all our Windows XP machines and lost the use of
admin shares.....I need to regain access to the admin shares on all my client
computers with out having to uninstall SP2.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 14, 2005 11:19:06 AM

Are you running GPO's?
If so, create a policy for your client computers to grant access to 445/TCP
for your management systems.

XP SP2 firewall is blocking management access.

"Staffa359" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently we installed SP2 on all our Windows XP machines and lost the use of
> admin shares.....I need to regain access to the admin shares on all my client
> computers with out having to uninstall SP2.
>
> Is there anyway to do this?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 9:37:02 AM

Thanks Phil....did that and it works again :)

!