AGHL Question

This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they have
with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have "official"
ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see one or two
members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a hosted server
and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.

What is the connection here?
39 answers Last reply
More about aghl question

    Owners? Moderators? Official? hehe, no they're just squatters like us.

    Walter Mitty wrote:

    > This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they have
    > with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have "official"
    > ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see one or two
    > members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a hosted server
    > and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.
    >
    > What is the connection here?

    Newsgroups are public territory. They were probably talking about a web page.
    Some people in a quake2 newsgroup proposed the group back in 98 because they
    were tired of half-life posts in there.

    "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

    > This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they have
    > with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have "official"
    > ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see one or two
    > members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a hosted server
    > and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.
    >
    > What is the connection here?

    The connection is: you're a newsgroup regular, so you can join the hosted server
    if you want, same as anyone else. There is no mystery; nobody owns or moderates
    a newsgroup.

    Some of the people who style themselves AGHL don't actually inhabit the
    newsgroup: they are denizens of the chatroom set up by members of the NG, #aghl.

    --
    Paul

    "crusty" <crusty@noemail.ugh> wrote in message
    > Owners? Moderators? Official? hehe, no they're just squatters like us.
    >
    >> This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they
    >> have with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have
    >> "official" ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see
    >> one or two members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a
    >> hosted server and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.
    >>
    >> What is the connection here?

    I guess UseNet is the owner? Heh! Like you said; everyone here is
    squatting :) Some of us longer than some others is all. Clique?
    That's a poor choice of words on his part. You walk into a pub, see a
    group of folks gathered round a table, some others drift in and out but
    around that table...that's a clique huh?
    McG.

    > "crusty" <crusty@noemail.ugh> wrote in message
    >> Owners? Moderators? Official? hehe, no they're just squatters like us.
    >>
    >>> This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they
    >>> have with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have
    >>> "official" ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see
    >>> one or two members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a
    >>> hosted server and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.
    >>>
    >>> What is the connection here?
    >
    > I guess UseNet is the owner? Heh! Like you said; everyone here is
    > squatting :) Some of us longer than some others is all. Clique? That's a
    > poor choice of words on his part. You walk into a pub, see a group of
    > folks gathered round a table, some others drift in and out but around that
    > table...that's a clique huh?
    > McG.

    That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one

    You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of them gets
    up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or someone
    you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up from the table and
    wander over to the bar and start berating the person the 'reg' is talking
    to. This happens all the time with people who come into the bar and get into
    discussions with a reg.

    That is more accurately what happens in this newsgroup.

    AND yes that is a clique because it fits the definition perfectly.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=clique

    Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:56:15 -0500, "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote:

    >That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >
    >You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of them gets
    >up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or someone
    >you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up from the table and
    >wander over to the bar and start berating the person the 'reg' is talking
    >to. This happens all the time with people who come into the bar and get into
    >discussions with a reg.
    >
    >That is more accurately what happens in this newsgroup.
    >
    >AND yes that is a clique because it fits the definition perfectly.
    >
    >http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=clique

    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
    the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
    and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    > bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    > new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...

    A guy walks into a bar... "Ouch!"

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Ben Cottrell wrote:
    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >
    >> Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    >> bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    >> new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...
    >

    > A guy walks into a bar... "Ouch!"

    oh dear.. there are bad jokes, there are atrocious jokes, and then there
    are those. just go - don't even collect your coat or call a taxi!

    Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

    > Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    > bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    > new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...

    This little boy hasn't ever been to a bar. When he finally does grow up
    he'll either be barred for being a cock or get his head unceremoniously
    removed for being annoying.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "Forget about it"

    "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote in message
    >> "crusty" <crusty@noemail.ugh> wrote in message
    >>> Owners? Moderators? Official? hehe, no they're just squatters like
    >>> us.
    >>
    >> I guess UseNet is the owner? Heh! Like you said; everyone here is
    >> squatting :) Some of us longer than some others is all. Clique?
    >> That's a poor choice of words on his part. You walk into a pub,
    >> see a group of folks gathered round a table, some others drift in
    >> and out but around that table...that's a clique huh?
    >> McG.
    >>

    > That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >
    > You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of
    > them gets up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a
    > stranger (or someone you know), all the guys at the table immediately
    > get up from the table and wander over to the bar and start berating
    > the person the 'reg' is talking to. This happens all the time with
    > people who come into the bar and get into discussions with a reg.
    >
    > That is more accurately what happens in this newsgroup.
    >
    > AND yes that is a clique because it fits the definition perfectly.
    >
    > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=clique

    I happen to disagree with you there. There is no 'clique-ism' here;
    anyone can and generally does join any thread. the Irc chatrooms are
    far more amennable to 'cliques', and they occur constantly in those.

    You've simply waltzed into a PUBlic place and blurted out your say.
    Many have enjoined you in your topic, both civilly and not so civilly.
    It *IS* interesting to note your view of what goes on here. I find it
    quite something to smile about :)

    I've never once "left my seat" in here. I've found your thread
    interesting, yet not on the presented level in topic. It's interesting
    you've not commented on either my strong negative responses to you nor
    the two positives. Yet you do respond to my post to another person, an
    issue aside the original topic altogether. I gather from your post you
    find something in the 'general demeanor' of this group ... frustrating?
    It would appear you've not recieved the satisfaction you came here for
    in the first place. So, what *was* your original 'vision' when you
    were composing your first post? You spent a goodly amount of time
    preparing information for posting and then composing and posting it.
    I've read all of it, including your and others links to laws pertaining
    to your original topic. I find that all of that is irrelevant to the
    *real* issue. I and a couple of others have quite completely 'filled'
    your need as it was originally presented. You've given no indication at
    all that you feel this need is fulfilled. Your need is not met. You
    didn't get what you came here for.
    And why would you bother AGHL'ers with this, as it happened with Epic
    games, not Valve/Vivendi? This item coupled with your basically telling
    most of us that we condone piracy speaks to your agenda being other than
    what was presented.
    What's interesting is analyzing you.

    McGrandpa [AGQx]

    Whew.. Have another hot hottie McGrandpa..... Methinks ya need it...
    Why do ya care what these transient ass's say???

    "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote
    > That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >
    > You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of them
    gets
    > up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or someone
    > you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up from the table and
    > wander over to the bar and start berating the person the 'reg' is talking
    > to.

    I only went over to the bar to help him carry the drinks back. Thirsty work,
    this drinking lark.
    --
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    David Firewater wrote:
    > "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote
    >
    >>That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >>
    >>You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of them
    >
    > gets
    >
    >>up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or someone
    >>you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up from the table and
    >>wander over to the bar and start berating the person the 'reg' is talking
    >>to.
    >

    > I only went over to the bar to help him carry the drinks back. Thirsty work,
    > this drinking lark.

    I was just getting a packet of peanuts and making sure David was Ok with
    the drinks - seemed to be a little unsteady on his feet...

    --
    "valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

    Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

    Or if ya look like me, jumped on beat up and run off ;) LOL!

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
    > Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    > bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    > new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...
    >
    > On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:56:15 -0500, "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote:
    >
    >> That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >>
    >> You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of
    >> them gets up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a
    >> stranger (or someone you know), all the guys at the table
    >> immediately get up from the table and wander over to the bar and
    >> start berating the person the 'reg' is talking to. This happens all
    >> the time with people who come into the bar and get into discussions
    >> with a reg.
    >>
    >> That is more accurately what happens in this newsgroup.
    >>
    >> AND yes that is a clique because it fits the definition perfectly.
    >>
    >> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=clique
    >>

    > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    > the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    > and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    > sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
    > the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
    > and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    Thanks CF, I just did. Double dollop at that :) To hell with the
    shotglass. Bottom third of a coffee mug looks good with Cruzan in it :)

    > David Firewater wrote:
    >> "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote
    >>
    >>> That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >>>
    >>> You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of
    >>> them
    >>
    >> gets
    >>
    >>> up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or
    >>> someone you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up
    >>> from the table and wander over to the bar and start berating the
    >>> person the 'reg' is talking to.
    >>

    >> I only went over to the bar to help him carry the drinks back.
    >> Thirsty work, this drinking lark.
    >
    > I was just getting a packet of peanuts and making sure David was Ok
    > with the drinks - seemed to be a little unsteady on his feet...

    He he he! See, tha;s why I nevr goit up! I'd fall flat on my face!
    G'nite folks! [happily, I can just strand up from this cap'n chair,
    turn a bit and fall into bed. Just got to be careful which direction I
    fall :-\ ]
    McG.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Tell me what bar you go to so I can avoid it... That's not the way
    > bars are here in Texas or any other state I've lived in.... Usually
    > new people are greeted and if they're civil welcomed...

    Nice way to miss a point.

    Shawk wrote:
    > David Firewater wrote:
    >
    >> "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote
    >>
    >>> That is a very poor analogy actually. How about this one
    >>>
    >>> You see a group of people in a pub gathered round a table, one of them
    >>

    >> gets
    >>
    >>> up and goes to the bar and starts a discussion with a stranger (or
    >>> someone
    >>> you know), all the guys at the table immediately get up from the
    >>> table and
    >>> wander over to the bar and start berating the person the 'reg' is
    >>> talking
    >>> to.
    >>

    >> I only went over to the bar to help him carry the drinks back. Thirsty
    >> work,
    >> this drinking lark.
    >

    > I was just getting a packet of peanuts and making sure David was Ok with
    > the drinks - seemed to be a little unsteady on his feet...

    Pleaee take this AGHL back packing and smilies off to the official
    Strider forum. It really is nauseating.

    --
    Walter Mitty
    -

    Paul Catley wrote:
    > "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>This AGHL group (Strider etc) : what connection, if any, do they have
    >>with this newsgroup? Did they create it, moderate it and have "official"
    >>ownership of this NG? I'm really confused because I see one or two
    >>members of AGHL (the clique) talking about paying for a hosted server
    >>and allowing other newsgroup participators to join in.
    >>
    >>What is the connection here?
    >

    > The connection is: you're a newsgroup regular, so you can join the hosted server
    > if you want, same as anyone else. There is no mystery; nobody owns or moderates
    > a newsgroup.
    >
    > Some of the people who style themselves AGHL don't actually inhabit the
    > newsgroup: they are denizens of the chatroom set up by members of the NG, #aghl.

    So, why dont they f*** off to their private forum instead of inundating
    this NG with smutty drinking humour and mutual back slapping? This NG is
    to discuss HL/HL2 not the latest crazy scheme for their private plans
    for their latest password ideas for their poorly attended private website.

    Sorry.

    Walter Mitty wrote:

    >> The connection is: you're a newsgroup regular, so you can join the
    >> hosted server if you want, same as anyone else. There is no
    >> mystery; nobody owns or moderates a newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Some of the people who style themselves AGHL don't actually inhabit
    >> the newsgroup: they are denizens of the chatroom set up by members
    >> of the NG, #aghl.
    >
    > So, why dont they f*** off to their private forum instead of
    > inundating this NG with smutty drinking humour and mutual back
    > slapping? This NG is to discuss HL/HL2 not the latest crazy scheme
    > for their private plans
    > for their latest password ideas for their poorly attended private
    > website.
    >
    > Sorry.

    The people I mentioned in my second paragraph never come here. What are you on
    about?

    The reasons why this newsgroup has an off-topic element have been explained time
    and time again, and you've been here long enough to have grasped them. The
    newsgroup has been here for 6 or 7 years, and in that time people have forged
    friendships. There's nothing unusual about that; other newsgroups are the same.
    Without the friendship and the banter, this NG would have died years before HL2
    came out, as there was very little to talk about HL-wise in the intervening
    years. Suggest you read the FAQ.

    Strider's efforts to set up an AGHL server are a genuine attempt to help out the
    people of this newsgroup, and is not restricted to the "clique" you hate so
    much. You would be perfectly welcome to join the server. As I understand it,
    it isn't only for those who have paid, but all contributions to help keep it
    running would be welcome. If you don't want to take part, fine, but why the
    hostility to the project?

    --
    Paul

    Walter Mitty wrote:
    > Shawk wrote:
    >
    >> David Firewater wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ecole" <1@1.com> wrote

    >>> gets

    >>> I only went over to the bar to help him carry the drinks back.
    >>> Thirsty work,
    >>> this drinking lark.
    >>

    >> I was just getting a packet of peanuts and making sure David was Ok
    >> with the drinks - seemed to be a little unsteady on his feet...
    >>

    > Pleaee take this AGHL back packing and smilies off to the official
    > Strider forum. It really is nauseating.

    Back packing? We going camping? Who's making the sandwiches?

    --
    "valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

    Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

    "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
    > Pleaee take this AGHL back packing and smilies off to the official
    > Strider forum. It really is nauseating.

    Please go boil your head in piss, Walt... I find you nauseating. Why on
    earth should we stop talking to each other and having a "larf" just cos a
    relatively new poster doesn't like it? Of course, feel free to join in with
    us or otherwise ignore us.
    --

    David Firewater wrote:
    > "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
    >
    >>Pleaee take this AGHL back packing and smilies off to the official
    >>Strider forum. It really is nauseating.
    >

    > Please go boil your head in piss, Walt... I find you nauseating. Why on
    > earth should we stop talking to each other and having a "larf" just cos a
    > relatively new poster doesn't like it? Of course, feel free to join in with
    > us or otherwise ignore us.

    And therein lies the crux of the matter. You see yourself as a sentinel
    of this NG : I have been using usenet for years under various monikers -
    the assumtpion you make of some sort of superiority based on "time here"
    is wrong on two fronts (1) you havent and (2) so what.

    This "having a larf" is invariably totally OT and based yround your own
    little group : which is supposed to have its own web site anyway.

    I'm sure you're all nice guys and all, but ffs, if I see another "Hey
    :)Strider, mate, I drank some beer last night, mate :) and am really
    wacky mate :)" post I'm going to throw up.

    Paul Catley wrote:
    > it isn't only for those who have paid, but all contributions to help keep it
    > running would be welcome. If you don't want to take part, fine, but why the
    > hostility to the project?

    I have no problem with the project. None.

    "Walter Mitty" wrote

    > I'm sure you're all nice guys and all, but ffs, if I see another "Hey
    > :)Strider, mate, I drank some beer last night, mate :) and am really wacky
    > mate :)" post I'm going to throw up.

    Why don't you loosen your tight ass a little
    What is wrong with people these days
    fcs if you don't fancy the enviroment go somewhere else

    The same people you are telling to bugger off is the very same people
    helping out with game related problems in this NG

    Have you ever considered contributing to the community instead of just
    draining the ressources?

    - Peter

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote
    > Have you ever considered contributing to the community instead of just
    > draining the ressources?

    Yeah, but that's it. He *does* contribute and is very helpful to people with
    problems. He just gets shirty 'cos we have the audacity to talk to each
    other. I don't want to use another forum and choose to speak to people in
    here. It's an individuals call, really.
    Walt, feel free to killfile me if you wish. I'm not going to stop posting OT
    and chatting to the other users of this forum cos you don't like it. If it
    still nauseates you, don't read 'em. It ain't rocket science.
    --
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    "OT posts and discussions happen in any forum where
    people come to "know" each other. This is no different
    than the countless WW2 arguments I'veseen betwen
    American's and Brits. I don't recall if those have have
    happened in this group or not. But they're just about
    everywhere else."
    Marlin, AGHL

    "David Firewater" wrote

    > Yeah, but that's it. He *does* contribute and is very helpful to people
    > with
    > problems.

    Oh, I apologize then
    The rest still stands :/

    - Peter

    In article <crraj7$uuh$05$1@news.t-online.com>, Walter Mitty
    <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > David Firewater wrote:

    > > Please go boil your head in piss, Walt... I find you nauseating. Why on
    > > earth should we stop talking to each other and having a "larf" just cos a
    > > relatively new poster doesn't like it? Of course, feel free to join in with
    > > us or otherwise ignore us.
    >
    > And therein lies the crux of the matter. You see yourself as a sentinel
    > of this NG : I have been using usenet for years under various monikers -
    > the assumtpion you make of some sort of superiority based on "time here"
    > is wrong on two fronts (1) you havent and (2) so what.

    And the assumption you make that *anyone* is claiming superiority based
    on time spent in here is wrong, full stop.

    We *will* be claiming superiority based on the evidence of the
    collected posts in here, however - your recent ones are full of whining
    and moaning about the behaviour of everyone in here, whereas we save
    our ire for the trolls and the fools. Hell, most of the time we don't
    even bother with ire, but go straight to ridicule mode, followed
    rapidly by ignore.

    Part of the reason most people are even still having this conversation
    with you seems to be that you've been helpful and a contributor in the
    past, but it's fascinating watching you piss away all that goodwill on
    some strange campaign to fundamentally alter an unmoderated newsgroup
    on usenet. Go for it anyway, son - it's making amusing reading.

    For the record, Strider's website is his own concern, and nothing to do
    with this newsgroup, the Half-life IRC channel or anyone but himself.
    T-AGHL was/is his attempt to form a clan of CS players who may or may
    not be regulars in here, and has no official connection etc etc.

    But then, you knew that, didn't you?

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis
    "What do I get? Serval peons who need to mis read something to the
    extream. Oh well. What is this place coming too when one can't even
    point out a little fact wih out getting yelled at left and right when
    it's a harmless factual statement" - Chris Jacobs, AGHL

    > Paul Catley wrote:
    > > it isn't only for those who have paid, but all contributions to help
    keep it
    > > running would be welcome. If you don't want to take part, fine, but why
    the
    > > hostility to the project?
    >
    > I have no problem with the project. None.

    Dont see your prob tbh. Oh nos humour and jokes between people!!! WTF!???
    Teh horror...etc.

    I guess its the subliminal messages in the titles that make you click and
    read them all also :EEE

    Block people you dont wanna read...it not hard.....even for OEsuxpress user
    like me so....

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:26:54 -0000, "Paul Catley"
    <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >There is no mystery; nobody owns or moderates
    >a newsgroup.

    My killfile says otherwise :D

    Civilian_Target

    "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:26:54 -0000, "Paul Catley"
    > <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>There is no mystery; nobody owns or moderates
    >>a newsgroup.
    >
    > My killfile says otherwise :D
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    I'm a newbie who has been helped by responses to my questions, so I do not
    see the conspiracy, or Strider owning the group. Paul

    "taltos" <paulft1@comcast.net> wrote

    > I'm a newbie who has been helped by responses to my questions, so I do not
    > see the conspiracy, or Strider owning the group. Paul

    Hi Paul. Quite right, too. Just too many conspiracy theorists who think they
    see it otherwise.
    Have a good day,
    --

    "taltos" <paulft1@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:26:54 -0000, "Paul Catley"
    > > <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>There is no mystery; nobody owns or moderates
    > >>a newsgroup.
    > >
    > > My killfile says otherwise :D
    > >
    > > Civilian_Target
    >
    > I'm a newbie who has been helped by responses to my questions, so I do not
    > see the conspiracy, or Strider owning the group. Paul

    Wewt....then we hiding it better than ever before!!!

    In article <exkFd.1246$n57.657@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>, Lief
    <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

    > "taltos" <paulft1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >

    > > I'm a newbie who has been helped by responses to my questions, so I do not
    > > see the conspiracy, or Strider owning the group. Paul
    >
    > Wewt....then we hiding it better than ever before!!!

    Ah yes, I remember Comrade Wildstyliov, before he was airbrushed out of
    aghl history (well, have *you* ever seen a photo of him?) saying
    that we had to bide our time before revealing our plan.

    If there was a plan, of course.

    Which there isn't.

    I've said too much alrea

    Neil Jones proclaimed...

    > If there was a plan, of course.
    >
    > Which there isn't.
    >
    > I've said too much alrea

    Move along people, nothing to see here.

    What's that?

    Hits a passerby with a truncheon

    --

    "Neil Jones" <neil@designumbrella.com> wrote
    > Ah yes, I remember Comrade Wildstyliov, before he was airbrushed out of
    > aghl history (well, have *you* ever seen a photo of him?) saying
    > that we had to bide our time before revealing our plan.

    Does anyone hear from Wildy still?
    --

    "David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > Ah yes, I remember Comrade Wildstyliov, before he was airbrushed out of
    > > aghl history (well, have *you* ever seen a photo of him?) saying
    > > that we had to bide our time before revealing our plan.
    >
    > Does anyone hear from Wildy still?

    Heard from him this evening, as it happens :)

    (*And* I've seen a photo)

    --
    Paul

    "Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote
    > > Does anyone hear from Wildy still?
    >
    > Heard from him this evening, as it happens :)
    >
    > (*And* I've seen a photo)

    Surely not the Ann Summers catalogue one? He was under the impression it had
    been destroyed.
    --

    > > (*And* I've seen a photo)
    >
    > Surely not the Ann Summers catalogue one? He was under the impression it had
    > been destroyed.

    That's the one, with the peephole eyepatch and the stiletto orthopaedic shoe.

    --
    Paul

    "Had a shock of hair: red, like the fires of Hell"

Connection Newsgroup Video Games