Error - Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered

"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered and needed to close"
szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I get this message on about every 3rd start up at home. I ran virus and
spam software and nothing comes up. I have firewall - No new programs
installed etc. Can't find anything out there on the topic "except related to
the blaster virus" but I don't have that.
1 answer Last reply
More about error generic host process win32 services encountered

    Your AntiVirus software sounds like it got hosed.

    Uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall it and see if the problem goes away.

    "billd" wrote:

    > "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered and needed to close"
    > szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : unknown
    > szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
    >
    > I get this message on about every 3rd start up at home. I ran virus and
    > spam software and nothing comes up. I have firewall - No new programs
    > installed etc. Can't find anything out there on the topic "except related to
    > the blaster virus" but I don't have that.

Win32 Windows XP