XP log on password unknown!

I aquired a Toshiba lap top, model 1410 computer from my sister, which she
has not used in a long time. It has windows XP pro on it. She set up a
windows log on password on it, and never created a password disc. She since
forgot the pass word, and I have tried everything I know to try and get past
the pass word with no luck. I removed the CMOS battery, and reinstalled it,
and I can get into setup, but when windows boots, it requires a password.
Does any one know what I can do? I don't have the software disc that came
with the computer, so I can't reformat the drive and reinstall the software
as I do not have the recovery disc. If any one can help me, it would be
greatly appreciated! Ray
1 answer Last reply
More about password unknown

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "rayvee61" wrote:

    | I aquired a Toshiba lap top, model 1410 computer from my sister, which she
    | has not used in a long time. It has windows XP pro on it. She set up a
    | windows log on password on it, and never created a password disc. She since
    | forgot the pass word, and I have tried everything I know to try and get past
    | the pass word with no luck. I removed the CMOS battery, and reinstalled it,
    | and I can get into setup, but when windows boots, it requires a password.
    | Does any one know what I can do? I don't have the software disc that came
    | with the computer, so I can't reformat the drive and reinstall the software
    | as I do not have the recovery disc. If any one can help me, it would be
    | greatly appreciated! Ray

Windows XP