Set Program Access and Defaults issues

Alright - I recently bought my Dell computer. It came with MusicMatch and a
few other programs that I don't use. I *want* to use Windows Media Player as
my default music player (mostly cause I know WMP, I'm too lazy to learn
MusicMatch, and I've already fixed any errors in my song file data to work
for WMP). Now, in the Set Program Access & Defaults selection, I've tried
doing it custom and manually selecting the programs I want - specifally WMP.
I then select OK, iit tells me it's doing something, and it sets WMP as my
default music player. However, the moment I log off to allow my family on, or
reset the computer, it deletes my settings. So I tried selecting the
Microsoft Windows configuration. The moment I restart my computer - gone. Any
suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about program access defaults issues

    digitrev wrote:

    > Alright - I recently bought my Dell computer. It came with MusicMatch
    > and a few other programs that I don't use. I *want* to use Windows
    > Media Player as my default music player (mostly cause I know WMP, I'm
    > too lazy to learn MusicMatch, and I've already fixed any errors in my
    > song file data to work for WMP). Now, in the Set Program Access &
    > Defaults selection, I've tried doing it custom and manually selecting
    > the programs I want - specifally WMP. I then select OK, iit tells me
    > it's doing something, and it sets WMP as my default music player.
    > However, the moment I log off to allow my family on, or reset the
    > computer, it deletes my settings. So I tried selecting the Microsoft
    > Windows configuration. The moment I restart my computer - gone. Any
    > suggestions?

    Is it only the file association settings for WMP that are not being
    saved? Do it the easy way then - uninstall MusicMatch.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers