Screen saver log off

a b 8 Security
February 14, 2005 7:15:02 PM

Is there a way to set a screen saver in Windows 2K or XP to log off a user?

More about : screen saver log

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 3:13:43 AM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:15:02 -0800, daniel_eller wrote:

> Is there a way to set a screen saver in Windows 2K or XP to log off a user?

Look for winexit.scr it's a windows resource kit screen saver that will
log people off - I think it's called WINEXIT.SCR.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

daniel_eller wrote:

> Is there a way to set a screen saver in Windows 2K or XP to log off a user?
Hi

Winexit.scr in the free Win2k3 Server RK kit (will work on
Win2k and WinXP at least).

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools

(The kit will install on WinXP or later and you can copy only
needed files to other computers)

If the users are non-admins on the local computer you must add Set Value and
Create Subkey permissions for the group Everyone on this registry key:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion

How can I use the WinExit screen saver without granting Admin rights?
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBC/tip1100/rh1179.htm

Logoff Screen Saver Does Not Function in Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;156677

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: