xp home edition sp2 firewall

my firewall had been working perfectly until a couple of
weeks ago. Now I cannot enable firewall. Get message now
"windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because
the associated service is not running. Do you want to
start windows firewall/internet connection sharing
service?" ICS is on automatic but wont start either.
I'm a homeuser with no local network adapter.

Your my last hope have tried everywhere to solve problem,
including MS knowledge base.
1 answer Last reply
More about home edition firewall

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Marea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my firewall had been working perfectly until a couple of
    > weeks ago. Now I cannot enable firewall. Get message now
    > "windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because
    > the associated service is not running. Do you want to
    > start windows firewall/internet connection sharing
    > service?" ICS is on automatic but wont start either.
    > I'm a homeuser with no local network adapter.
    >
    > Your my last hope have tried everywhere to solve problem,
    > including MS knowledge base.

Security Windows XP Firewalls Internet Connection Microsoft