xp home edition sp2 firewall

a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 1:22:23 AM

my firewall had been working perfectly until a couple of
weeks ago. Now I cannot enable firewall. Get message now
"windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because
the associated service is not running. Do you want to
start windows firewall/internet connection sharing
service?" ICS is on automatic but wont start either.
I'm a homeuser with no local network adapter.

Your my last hope have tried everywhere to solve problem,
including MS knowledge base.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 2:26:41 AM