X800XT PE, is RAMDAC clock speed the same as core clock sp..

pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?
3 answers Last reply
More about x800xt ramdac clock speed core clock

    urh wrote:
    > pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
    > clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?

    The RAMDAC is 400MHz, the core clock is about 500MHz on a X800XT and RAM
    should be around "1120MHz" DDR3.

    Ben

    "urh" <urh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
    > clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?

    The RAMDAC is the digital-to-analog converter; this is what the card uses to
    feed the analog port you plug your monitor into. The faster this is, the
    higher the resolution and higher the refresh rate the video card is capable
    of outputting. You can't change it's speed at all. Most new cards seem to
    have a 400MHz one as standard.

    urh wrote:
    > pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping,

    Correction, PC connection does not have these cards.

    Jeff B

Radeon Core ATI Graphics