Rachel

I just started working from home. I have been managing my database through
the remote desktop with no problems. I started getting a box that said my
temporary liscence would expire in xx days. I called IT at my work and they
had me reset a login. This supposedly worked for the rest of my
department...but not me. After the box got down to 0 days, it wouldn't let me
access the remote desktop at all. I have talked to the IT guys and they can't
figure it out. I called the IT guy who does tech support for the database I
manage and he can't figure out the problem. I have got to get to my database.
I have Windows XP Pro and according to the IT guys, this should have
prevented this problem from happening. I know for a fact that the IP address
I am using to log in is correct. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can
do? I am almost tempted to go buy XP Pro and reinstall it! I really need help.

Thanks,
Rachel

Are you connecting from a Windows XP box to another Windows XP box?

"Rachel" wrote:

> I just started working from home. I have been managing my database through
> the remote desktop with no problems. I started getting a box that said my
> temporary liscence would expire in xx days. I called IT at my work and they
> had me reset a login. This supposedly worked for the rest of my
> department...but not me. After the box got down to 0 days, it wouldn't let me
> access the remote desktop at all. I have talked to the IT guys and they can't
> figure it out. I called the IT guy who does tech support for the database I
> manage and he can't figure out the problem. I have got to get to my database.
> I have Windows XP Pro and according to the IT guys, this should have
> prevented this problem from happening. I know for a fact that the IP address
> I am using to log in is correct. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can
> do? I am almost tempted to go buy XP Pro and reinstall it! I really need help.
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel

Spur

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2005

Question for your IT guys. Are they using terminal server on the server with
your database?

"Rachel" wrote:

> I just started working from home. I have been managing my database through
> the remote desktop with no problems. I started getting a box that said my
> temporary liscence would expire in xx days. I called IT at my work and they
> had me reset a login. This supposedly worked for the rest of my
> department...but not me. After the box got down to 0 days, it wouldn't let me
> access the remote desktop at all. I have talked to the IT guys and they can't
> figure it out. I called the IT guy who does tech support for the database I
> manage and he can't figure out the problem. I have got to get to my database.
> I have Windows XP Pro and according to the IT guys, this should have
> prevented this problem from happening. I know for a fact that the IP address
> I am using to log in is correct. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can
> do? I am almost tempted to go buy XP Pro and reinstall it! I really need help.
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel

TRENDING THREADS