windows welcome window issue

February 15, 2005 12:25:02 PM

I just turned on the PC and I got the welcome window with the blank line for
a password. I never set up a password for my PC> How do I access the PC

More about : windows window issue

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 1:17:04 PM

Yeah happens to me too Rich but if there isn't a password on your computer
you should just click ok and it'll work. Cya

"Rich" wrote:

> I just turned on the PC and I got the welcome window with the blank line for
> a password. I never set up a password for my PC> How do I access the PC
February 15, 2005 8:28:31 PM

Rich wrote:
> I just turned on the PC and I got the welcome window with the blank line for
> a password. I never set up a password for my PC> How do I access the PC

Have you tried leaving it blank?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 10:34:57 PM

Rich wrote:

> I just turned on the PC and I got the welcome window with the blank line for
> a password. I never set up a password for my PC> How do I access the PC
Hi

Please try this:

Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly early in the computer/Windows
startup process)

Select "Last Known Good Configuration"

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: