Asking me to log in XP SP2

Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
help <('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>

Gordon

General_Big_Momma wrote:
> Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
> when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
> have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
> Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
> help <('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>

FYI: "cpu" stands for "Central Processing Unit" - that's the chipset
that does the computing. You don't install software on a "cpu" you
install it on a hard disk. Together with the "cpu", the hard disk drive
and other components make up "the computer".

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

ok sorry for wrong lingo but im used to gameer talk :p

"General_Big_Momma" <General_Big_Momma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F23AF673-7F2E-48AF-8E45-5A8616842199@microsoft.com...
> Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
> when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
> have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
> Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
> help <('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>

Click Start | Run and type "control userpasswords2" (no quotes) and click
OK. Uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password..."
and apply and follow the prompts :)

General_Big_Momma wrote:

> Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
> when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
> have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
> Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
> help <('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Hi

Please try this:

Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly early in the computer/Windows
startup process)

Select "Last Known Good Configuration"

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Ok... I tired it and it did absolutely nothing cpu still aks for password any
other way to make it stop asking?? Thanx for the tip of f8 though

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> General_Big_Momma wrote:
>
> > Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
> > when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
> > have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
> > Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
> > help <('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
> Hi
>
> Please try this:
>
> Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly early in the computer/Windows
> startup process)
>
> Select "Last Known Good Configuration"

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Yo thanx a bunch man! It worked like a charm. Thanx!!

"John E. Carty" wrote:

> "General_Big_Momma" <General_Big_Momma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:F23AF673-7F2E-48AF-8E45-5A8616842199@microsoft.com...
> > Yesterday I installed the updates for my cpu with Windows Update and today
> > when I turned on the cpu it asked me to insert password but I know I don't
> > have any. I would like to know how to remove the asking my password part.
> > Kinda sux especially it's not my cpu but my grandmother's. Thanks for your
>
> Click Start | Run and type "control userpasswords2" (no quotes) and click
> OK. Uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password..."
> and apply and follow the prompts :)

TRENDING THREADS