MS Antispyware Beta 1

a b 8 Security
February 15, 2005 4:45:25 PM

Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek

More about : antispyware beta

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 1:02:59 AM

"tek4u" <tek4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
> programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
> a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
> Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
> 2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek

A scan is not starting the application up (bringing up the whole UI).
Your Anti virus software will report a similar thing.
Mine actually says last used July 2004 yet it scans in real time and does
full scans every couple of days etc.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"tek4u" <tek4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
> programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
> a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
> Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
> 2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 2:02:43 AM

tek4u wrote:

> Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
> programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
> a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
> Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
> 2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek
Hi

The use frequency and size estimate in Add/Remove Programs is just a
major guesswork thing from the OS and what is reported there is not
to be trusted.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: