MS Antispyware Beta 1

Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek
2 answers Last reply
More about antispyware beta

    "tek4u" <tek4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
    > programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
    > a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
    > Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
    > 2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek

    A scan is not starting the application up (bringing up the whole UI).
    Your Anti virus software will report a similar thing.
    Mine actually says last used July 2004 yet it scans in real time and does
    full scans every couple of days etc.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    tek4u wrote:

    > Has anyone noticed a disparity between the information in add/remove
    > programs and the programs themselves? Example MS AntiSpyware Beta 1 has
    > a summary page showing that the program did a scan on 2/15/05 - Add
    > Remove programs list MS AntiSpyware as Rarely Used - last date used
    > 2/10/05- What gives?? Thx Tek
    Hi

    The use frequency and size estimate in Add/Remove Programs is just a
    major guesswork thing from the OS and what is reported there is not
    to be trusted.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Microsoft Windows XP