Cisco LEAP, Intel ProSet

Is anyone using an Intel 2200bg wireless card with Cisco LEAP authentication? The problem that I am having is that the ProSet caches the username and password even though the "remember user credentials" is unchecked.

Another problem is that I can't get the Cisco VPN to initiate the wireless connection. The wireless connection needs to be started first (which is not secure) in order to fire off the VPN Client.

TIA

Well, you're using obsolete protocol e.g. Cisco LEAP and VPN connectivity on
top of that, considering wireless connection using LEAP insecure? Clearly
overengineered and obsolete solution. I'd recommend to turn to Intel and
Cisco support.

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

"Jeepskier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone using an Intel 2200bg wireless card with Cisco LEAP
authentication? The problem that I am having is that the ProSet caches the
username and password even though the "remember user credentials" is
unchecked.

> Another problem is that I can't get the Cisco VPN to initiate the wireless
connection. The wireless connection needs to be started first (which is not
secure) in order to fire off the VPN Client.

> TIA

I tend to agree with but, as I am the engineer at a customer's site coming in late in the game, this is what they chose months ago. I guess that originally they were going to use Cisco cards but for some reason they ended up not going with them.

I contacted both Cisco and Intel, useless.

Out of curiosity, what would you recommend for security on the built in wireless card other than VPN and LEAP authentication?

Geoff Zalewski
MCNE, CCNA, MSCE, CCEA, ASE