Catalyst 4,8 beta, way better than 4,7

Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke 19000
points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

"Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
19000
> points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it would
be great to try the whole shebang at once.

Forgot the link, you can find it at http://www.guru3d.com/

Runar left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke 19000
> points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

But will the damn shadows in Theif 3 be fixed!
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote
> I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
> Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it
would
> be great to try the whole shebang at once.

Best to do them separately. Otherwise if it messes up you won't know which
did it.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Yes, it is fixed, and many more bugs to, go to rage3d.com and check out the
forum:)

"Stoneskin" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Runar left a note on my windscreen which said:
>
> > Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
19000
> > points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.
>
> But will the damn shadows in Theif 3 be fixed!
> --
> Stoneskin
>
> [Insert sig text here]

I wonder what cheat ATI are using :) what did you get before in
3dmark2001 18999 ?

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:00:06 -0600, "NightSky 421"
<nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote:

>"Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
>19000
>> points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.
>>

>I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
>Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it would
>be great to try the whole shebang at once.

I got 18700, but the cause of my exitement was the sum of the performance in
these drivers, q3 in 1600x1200 6xAA and 16xAF looks and runs great at
100fps. I even think the IQ is atleast as good as offical cat's if not
better.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:29:36 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I wonder what cheat ATI are using :) what did you get before in
>3dmark2001 18999 ?

Yah i did some test on my side and did'nt find out any improuvement
in 3dmark2003 i still get that low score 5500 point...

with a 9800pro 128mbs build by ati.

spencer

Downloaded but cant get the bloody thing to install!!!

Error report generated

Spence

"Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
19000
> points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

spencer

Forget the last post.
Some dipshit forgot to save to the default ati/support directory.

Spence

"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Downloaded but cant get the bloody thing to install!!!
>
> Error report generated
>

> Spence
>

> "Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
> 19000
> > points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

Who might that be ?

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message

> Best to do them separately. Otherwise if it messes up you won't know which
> did it.

I was thinking about that today a little bit and I think you're right.
Besides, since I don't use Windows XP for Internet, having Service Pack 2
installed right away is not at all critical. I look forward to hearing user
feedback once it is released.

"Stoneskin" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Runar left a note on my windscreen which said:
>
> > Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
19000
> > points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.
>
> But will the damn shadows in Theif 3 be fixed!
> --
> Stoneskin

And how about the area transition crash problem in KOTOR? Has that been
addressed?

Dreamaker left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Yah i did some test on my side and did'nt find out any improuvement
> in 3dmark2003 i still get that low score 5500 point...

Have you tried turning off vsync?
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

spencer

Um! Little me I'm afraid.

Anyway, 4.8 good so far. increased 3DMark03 from 8985 to 9125.

And my tool to an amazing 8" and 2mm from the standard 8"
Also installed DX9.0c and no problems thus far with the Comp but when I do a
sound (DXdiag) test my balls vibrate!!!
Anything to do with the 4.8's?????

Spence

"RonK" <imhere@home.net> wrote in message
> Who might that be ?
>

> "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Forget the last post.
> > Some dipshit forgot to save to the default ati/support directory.
> >

> > Spence
> >

> > "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Downloaded but cant get the bloody thing to install!!!
> > >
> > > Error report generated
> > >

> > > Spence
> > >

> > > "Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > 19000

You wanna tweak those balls m8, you should be gettin a 9" easy. Try a bit
of thermal paste!! Just don't get any under your shim. ouch!

> Um! Little me I'm afraid.
>
> Anyway, 4.8 good so far. increased 3DMark03 from 8985 to 9125.
>
> And my tool to an amazing 8" and 2mm from the standard 8"
> Also installed DX9.0c and no problems thus far with the Comp but when I do
> sound (DXdiag) test my balls vibrate!!!
> Anything to do with the 4.8's?????
>
> Spence

CAT 4.8 has not vibrated my balls yet... but it has decreased my unit to 9"
from 17" damnit :(

On the flipside, my 3dmark03 score went up, up UP!
--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Nick Dalton" <ndalton@PANTSnildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> You wanna tweak those balls m8, you should be gettin a 9" easy. Try a
bit
> of thermal paste!! Just don't get any under your shim. ouch!
>
> "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Um! Little me I'm afraid.
> >
> > Anyway, 4.8 good so far. increased 3DMark03 from 8985 to 9125.
> >
> > And my tool to an amazing 8" and 2mm from the standard 8"
> > Also installed DX9.0c and no problems thus far with the Comp but when I
do
> > sound (DXdiag) test my balls vibrate!!!
> > Anything to do with the 4.8's?????
> >
> > Spence

SP2 is expected to break a few programs, which are deemed by MS to be
"insecure". I'd laugh if Mozilla stopped working on SP2...

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
> I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
> Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it
would
> be great to try the whole shebang at once.

wookie

When I installed 9.0c and the 4.8 beta and run DXDIAG I get a message that
Direct3D functionality not available
You should verfy that rhw driver is a fianl version from the HW
manufacturer.

I have a Saphire 9800 PRO
Any ideas on what the deal is.

"Runar" <runarhalvorsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke
19000
> points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

Mozilla working just fine here.

Locust